Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your booster shots my friends

Get your booster shots my friends

If you meet the 6 month interval for Pfizer and Maderna and two months for J&J you are eligible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	38380
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Done and done, maybe a month or so ago......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My question is when do we need to get another booster? Will it be an annual thing like the flu shot, or will if be more frequently?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We learn as we go! I have read that there will likely be more boosters but they expect the intervals to get longer and possibly be annual. They can jab me as often as they like
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I eat healthy, have a good immune system and work from home. Had the J&J 3 months ago but really don't feel the need to get another. Have never had a Flu shot and don't plan too. I'm among the thinking of exercise, keep your weight in check, don't get diabetes and I'll be in a category that will survive it if I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    ...if I get it.
    "If" implies the acceptance of the knowledge that you indeed can get it...Given that, why close a window of opportunity for survival?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ....... They can jab me as often as they like
    Same here!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    why close a window of opportunity for survival?......Ben
    I feel I will survive it if I get it again....

I could get pancreatic cancer, should I have my pancreas removed? I'm healthier now than I have ever been in my life so have little concern.

Hell with the amount of close quarters contacts I have daily I will get a booster every time they let me
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I feel I will survive it if I get it again....
    I'll rephrase my question then: Why survive it when you can avoid it?......Ben

If Phil doesn't want it he doesn't want it. It's his business. I support his own medical decisions.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'll rephrase my question then: Why survive it when you can avoid it?......Ben
    The booster does not prevent you from getting it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    If Phil doesn't want it he doesn't want it. It's his business. I support his own medical decisions.
    You're right, it's a waste of time being concerned about the life of a friend...I give up......Ben

I don't want to sound as if I am lecturing you B0---but in a sense I am

This is a far broader area than "self"---this is truly a social issue, where your "personal" decisions can impact the lives of those around you---and even possibly those who care for you if you do get COVID. Will it likely kill you---let's assume not---but what about others that might come in contact with you, those who are immune compromised, those that are age compromised, those that are health compromised--and yes those not vaccinated? We all have a responsibility to "society"---this is not a personal rights issue, this is a community health issue.

I respect your rights---this is not a right, this is an obligation we all share for each other.

Don't help this continue to grow--please

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	38382

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    They can jab me as often as they like
    Vaccinated cousins caught it.. one was sick, her husband was hospitalized.. scares greatly..

It’s not all about us.. it’s also about others.. help save your loved ones heartache and worry.. get the jab for them..