Thread: I stand with this Montanan and many good Wyomingites

I stand with this Montanan and many good Wyomingites

I was curious to know how the people of Wyoming felt about the State GOP's rejection of Liz Cheney. I found some encouragement in the answer.

From the Independent Record of Helena: (This letter from a Montanan seems to speak for many Wyomingites as well as for many Pennsylvanians)

No respect for what the Republican Party has become
    Nov 16, 2021 15

First let me say I once was a Republican, but no longer have any respect for what the party has become.

Recently, the Biden administration was able to move a massive infrastructure bill through Congress with the help of 19 Republican votes in the Senate and 13 in the House. This was the kind of legislation Trump talked about incessantly, week after week, for four years but was never able to get done. Well guess what? The 13 Republican House members who voted to support this bill now receive angry taunts and threats from their Republican colleagues, who seek to strip them of their committee assignments and worse. God forbid any House Republicans would put country over party! And, yes, I am talking about you, Matt Rosendale.

Next, let's consider the vaccine issue. My parents, both Montana natives, were staunch conservative Republicans who supported public health and made sure that all five of us kids were fully vaccinated. They simply considered it their parental responsibility and their duty to society. Now, under Greg Gianforte's brand of so-called "leadership" that promotes "personal responsibility" on COVID we have become one of the states with the highest per capita rates of COVID cases and deaths in the nation. I'll say this for sure; Gianforte and his henchmen would never have gotten any votes from my parents.

Finally, and only because my word count is limited, there was the insurrection at our nation's Capitol on Jan. 6. It was the most dangerous threat to our nation I have witnessed in all my 78 years. This kind of domestic terrorism was a threat Benjamin Franklin must have anticipated because when asked what kind of government he helped to create his famous reply was: " A republic if you can keep it."

Today, I support and contribute to the only two Republican House members on the national stage who are willing to wage an open fight against domestic terrorists, some of whom are their Republican colleagues in Congress. These patriots are Rep. Liz Cheney and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, both of whom House Republicans want to drum out of Congress. Far too many of their "rotten to the core" Republican colleagues seek political power at any cost, yet have no idea of how to use it to govern effectively.

I truly hope there will be more former Republicans like me, together with concerned swing voters who will recognize today's anti-science, obstructionist Republican politicians for what they are and vote them out of office before they can cause more damage to our country, our planet and our children's future.

Bob Balhiser
    Montanans are mostly staunchly conservative as are Wyomingites---thus Liz Cheney who shares those beliefs is Wyoming's one and only US Representative. The expulsion of Liz Cheney from the Wyoming GOP is both unconscionable and a spineless submission to the craziness that has befallen the GOP.

I believe there is a core of sanity remaining within the GOP---that has to be encouraged to stand up and take a position of honor and deny the drone of apostasy to continue this destruction of a once proud party.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-18-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It is odd to watch Republicans worry about a Cheney when they're on the verge of victory over Democrats.

I'm not in charge (fortunately) of either party. You'd think both of them would be meeting to discuss ways they can consolidate power rather than punishing members they consider disloyal.

As I've stated in other threads, we can solve many political issues during the next election. We need to move on from Trump and let our voters be heard. For example, if Cheney is re-elected, Republicans need to recognize that she's whom the voters want to represent them in DC.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead