Thread: Yes Virginia----you can have it both ways!

Yes Virginia----you can have it both ways!

The popularity of the new law was evident today when Republicans began to tout its benefits for their districts, despite their votes against it. Representative Gary Palmer (R-AL), for example, told his constituents: “Funding the Northern Beltline has consistently been one of my top priorities.” He added, “Birmingham is currently one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country without a complete beltline around it. Completing the Northern Beltline will benefit the entire region and enhance economic development and employment opportunities.” Completion of the road will create more than $2 billion in 10 years, he noted, and could create 14,000 jobs.
    And yet, Palmer voted against the bill. When it passed, he tweeted: "The Democrats' recklessly expensive infrastructure bill finally passed tonight after weeks of disarray among their caucus."
    One example of many
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

They're not taking it any easier on him down home either.

https://www.al.com/politics/2021/11/...gainst-it.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Wish we could have a open road into our town.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Just baffled..

We have team members wishing that we lose so that the quarterback will look bad..

We are a very confused people..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Just baffled..

We have team members wishing that we lose so that the quarterback will look bad..

We are a very confused people..
    I don't think people are confused I think people are just sick of the Biden administration.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm sick of any administration....

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I don't think people are confused I think people are just sick of the Biden administration.
    Biden is the quarterback until 2024.. Republicans need to start dressing for the game and playing their best.. good faith negotiations..

Both sides must admit when they are wrong.. leave our past Presidents to their Past President club and move forward.

We are all on the same team..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    ...Past President club...
    Nice. I'd support such a club.

I like seeing our "retired" presidents get together and address issues. When they do so, it reminds me of why we elected them.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead