Thread: Some days are golden

Some days are golden

Just in from the WSJ:

WASHINGTON—Federal prosecutors have charged former Trump strategist Steve Bannon with criminal contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, marking the first such criminal case for the Justice Department in decades.

A grand jury returned a two-count indictment on Friday.
    IMHO that guy is evil
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Wonder if this bulll roar will ever go away?
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    Wonder if this bulll roar will ever go away?
    Nope. It's all the left has. They can't run on their record. The Biden administration is an abject failure.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Somebody needs to pay for attacking our capital. I think there ought to be a couple of firing squads. That attack put us on par with the rest of the third world countries unless we are to show that we won't allow it to happen again. If we don't what will be next? It's like ok they have their foot in the door what will their next perfidious act be, and after that!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Somebody needs to pay for attacking our capital. I think there ought to be a couple of firing squads. That attack put us on par with the rest of the third world countries unless we are to show that we won't allow it to happen again. If we don't what will be next? It's like ok they have their foot in the door what will their next perfidious act be, and after that!
    You want Bannon to face a firing squad?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Did he conspire to overthrow the government?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

For those who continually try to whitewash these events and the perpetrators responsible for them, be careful; if you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Did he conspire to overthrow the government?......Ben
    The current department of justice has stated they do not support the death penalty. So to answer your question no I don't think anyone will be given the death penalty for any criminality committed on January 6th.

The current department of justice has stated they do not support the death penalty. So to answer your question no I don't think anyone will be given the death penalty for any criminality committed on January 6th.
    That does not answer my question......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Ben thankyou, Dave your right, how many of our government people are sleeping with the dogs? They will get fleas sooner or later. We have whole sections of government it seems who's only reason for cashing a check is because they are good white washers. Our whole government has got good at hiding the facts. You'll know what's in the bill after you sign it. If the bill was above board why can't we read it now instead of selling another piece of our country down the creek. To many people think this is America it can't happen to us!! Look back at Jan. 6th and tell me it can't happen to us. How many more Trumps is it going to take before the whole America experiment (SO TO SPEAK) comes crashing down on our door step.
    Is he part of the force that attacked the home of freedom.
    In a tweet on Oct. 24, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez referred to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6 as “a terror attack,” which she said resulted in “almost 10 dead.” She called for “any member of Congress who helped plot” it to be “expelled.”
    Look who is standing up for what is right, I would change expelled to shot though. What ever is going on has gone to far, it's time to get our house in order before somebody else does!!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    That does not answer my question......Ben

He has not been charged with anything related to overthrowing the government. So it would be premature to make any judgment as to what he did or did not do. If he is charged then it will be up to a judge and a jury and I will fully accept their decision.

I know people don't like him because he has/had a connection to President Trump, but has he been charged with any criminal complaints?...Obviously I don't keep up with the news anymore, so I'm admittedly in the dark...On the subject of government overthrow, I'm of the opinion that such a crime, whether action or conspiracy, should be a capital crime with a mandatory death sentence......Ben

I'm not sure it is classified as criminal but he is charged with contempt of Congress for refusing to produce documents or be disposed.

The old saying goes that Congress has shown such contempt for us, I see nothing wrong with returning it to them......Ben

He has not been charged with anything related to overthrowing the government. So it would be premature to make any judgment as to what he did or did not do. If he is charged then it will be up to a judge and a jury and I will fully accept their decision.
    Absolutely! He is only charged with contempt of Congress which I would wear as a badge of honor as pretty much everything they do I find contemptuous.

Now, if it so happens he was a planner of the January 6th attempted coup, and is so charged, that is a horse of a different color.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke