Thread: Purchase

Purchase

On my recent trip to the great state of Tennessee I was able to go to my favorite gun store, Smoky mountain guns and ammo and surprisingly they had a nice supply of pistols. I've always found them to be very competitive if not the most competitive on handguns. So I purchased a sig Sauer p365 XL with the Romeo 1 Red Dot scope and for the wife I'm retiring her Glock 43 in favor of her new Springfield hellcat equipped with the hex Red Dot optics. They are due to arrive at my f f l tomorrow.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I haven't tried the Sig, but you will love the Hellcat.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I haven't tried the Sig, but you will love the Hellcat.
    She handled the both of them extensively and preferred the hellcat. Not to mention she really likes the name.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The last weapon I carried was a Sig 9mm. It's embossed with my Department logo and it's been reliable.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Sig Sauer is my go to life on the line. Glock and closely followed by several others.

Sig Sauer is synonymous with quality, you get the combination of German innovation and engineering (sometimes overengineering), Swiss practicality and American knowhow...I've handled the P365 and like the feel of it; my favorite was always the P220, but I've always liked bigger guns for everyday carry anyway...

And I've never heard a bad word about the Hellcat either...Sounds like two good choices...I'm now at the point where I've never shot any of the three guns in my current EDC rotation, and I know I really should...Having sold or traded away all my older guns, I've never shot any of the 80+ guns in my current accumulation...I think I dread dirtying them up again after spending 2-3 hours cleaning each one after their arrival...Which reminds me I have a nice new arrival waiting for its bath, a S&W Model 25-5 in .45LC...

Obsession is a terrible master......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Obsession is a terrible master...
    - Ben

Everyone I know who's obsessive is also compulsive. And, I feel compelled to say I like that.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Finally got to use the new Sig and the hellcat. Went to my favorite gun range buds gun shop in Sevierville Tennessee. Both operated as would be expected. I personally had a little hard time trusting the red dot over the iron sights but was quickly reminded to trust the red dot. My wife was a little shaky at the beginning but finally found her stride and was placing most shots inside of a paper plate size on the target. I will say I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of recoil in such small sub compact 9 mm.