Thread: Need New Range Safety Officer

Need New Range Safety Officer

Okay, I was out back popping a few caps checking out how the wrists react to a 9mm and this thing decided to check out the target. Shortly after, about 10 more showed up and ended my session. The damn things were licking the target and knocked it over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RangeSafety.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	588.6 KB 
ID:	38374
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The damn things were licking the target and knocked it over.
    That's what you get for salting the targets...I thought La Segunda doubled as your RSO when she's not wrangling the herd...Where was she?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

No salt on the target, but they seem to like something about the pile of dirt. They rub their faces on it, lick it and sometimes even eat it. I suspect a mineral deficiency they are trying to cure. I've told the owner about it, but he says he has mineral blocks available for them. I think I will pick up a block or two the next time I go to Tractor Supply. One of them is going in my freezer in a few months.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Don't dare injure one of those things. These days they are solid gold on hoofs.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    That's what you get for salting the targets...I thought La Segunda doubled as your RSO when she's not wrangling the herd...Where was she?......Ben
    Mi segunda estaba tomando una siesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Don't dare injure one of those things. These days they are solid gold on hoofs.
    Until you try to sell one. Only the packers and retailers are making any money.

Until you try to sell one. Only the packers and retailers are making any money.
    Figures, somebody sure the hell is making money off of them
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

One of them is going in my freezer in a few months.
    I like it. My Dad used to buy 1/2 a beef at a time. We ate it at our Summer BBQ's. Now we get our beef from friends in Ogden once a year.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Mi segunda estaba tomando una siesta.
    Either you're saying she's a cute little tomato (in which case I agree), or I need to brush up on my es-pan-yole...Probably both......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

No salt on the target, but they seem to like something about the pile of dirt. They rub their faces on it, lick it and sometimes even eat it. I suspect a mineral deficiency they are trying to cure. I've told the owner about it, but he says he has mineral blocks available for them. I think I will pick up a block or two the next time I go to Tractor Supply. One of them is going in my freezer in a few months.
    So if you freeze a salt block or mineral block, how long is it good for?
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson