Thread: Another gut punch

Another gut punch

Adding to the list the continuing degradation of our economy Medicare is set to make one of the largest premium increases in history a club to the head of our most vulnerable. So let me see, inflation is higher than it's been in decades, medicare's making its highest premium increase, gasoline is the highest it's been probably in history. Yeah the Democrats led by their puppet leader, who who has to be told where he is and given cue cards to know where to go get breakfast are doing such great things for America. But you know what it's not all bad for you guys on the left you still got Trump and the January 6th Schiffathon to keep you interested. Or maybe you can get behind another million or so illegals coming in adding to the rolls.
    Last edited by Honda; 11-13-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'll simply comment on one of the items you noted: The Economy.

We aren't out of the woods yet. For, the world economy could still drag us down. As with with the Great Depression, we need to get ahead of it. Most economists believe that government spending triples as it works it's way through our nation.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'll simply comment on one of the items you noted: The Economy.

We aren't out of the woods yet. For, the world economy could still drag us down. As with with the Great Depression, we need to get ahead of it. Most economists believe that government spending triples as it works it's way through our nation.

Hunter
    If the Democrats really want to employ keynesian economics, they are forgetting an important belief of it. That is with increased government spending, taxes need to be lowered. It is understandable, because it didnt work in the 30’s when Roosevelt tried it. It took the US to get totally involved inWWII before the US was able to crawl out of the depression, and even, arguably, a couple of years after. Meanwhile, most of the world was already fully recovered from the depression.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Yeah, Demand Side economics are interesting, but not always easy to describe - particularly when international trade comes in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead