Thread: YouTube moves further left...

YouTube moves further left...

...On the political scale...Given their new policy of not depicting high-capacity magazines (standard capacity to those of us with our feet on solid ground), this should eliminate any Hollywood film that shows gunfire at all, including the westerns with the revolvers that never run out of ammo......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    ...On the political scale...Given their new policy of not depicting high-capacity magazines (standard capacity to those of us with our feet on solid ground), this should eliminate any Hollywood film that shows gunfire at all, including the westerns with the revolvers that never run out of ammo......Ben

These social media platforms are so full of themselves among the other ingredients. I think it makes them feel good.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubewo...ty-guidelines/

If you really want to search for what's allowed or not.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

YouTube and its owner Google are both puppets of the liberal left.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes sir.....
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Seriously, I had not heard of YouTube politics until now.

Interesting.

All I know is I get sucked into YouTube every time I go into it. If I look around hard enough, I can find a few pristine recordings I move to a chip for my sound system. So far, I've burned over 750 of my favorite songs onto it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Perhaps so, but the Google search engine is still the most effective I know of, and YouTube is still a source of a wider variety of searchable content than any other video source...I use both extensively, and I never see any of the ads others see because I stack two adblockers against both...They are welcome to use my search history in any manner they wish, it won't hurt me...I don't have to agree or disagree with anyone's politics in order to employ their (so far) no-charge services......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

...employ their (so far) no-charge services...
    Yeah, I'm so used to killing the pop-up ads now that it's just habitual. I don't know of anyone paying for YouTube, so it'd be interesting to hear what the experience is like.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I don't know of anyone paying for YouTube, so it'd be interesting to hear what the experience is like.

Hunter
    So far, there's always a workaround...It's kind of fun finding ways to defeat the giants at their own game...Like Jeff Bezos wanting me to pay for Amazon Prime; I don't and I still never get charged separately for shipping......Ben

...Jeff Bezos wanting me to pay for Amazon Prime; I don't and I still never get charged separately for shipping...
    There are a few more perks to Prime. I can get some items delivered 12 hours after I order them - the rest within 2 days. And, it gives me another video/audio source on our hardlines and phone lines. As a result, it's literally cheaper for me to order tools (for example) rather than drive to the store to get them.

Hunter