Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If True: Life in federal prison for all of them

If True: Life in federal prison for all of them

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

When allegations are made as serious as those are in the article it troubles me when the sources are anonymous. Maybe Adam Schiff can figure it out.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Those are serious allegations - serious enough to require additional investigation.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

This story is gaining traction---and an expanded audience
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Happily-----I am not a lawyer---but I think, if proven, these charges at very least constitute conspiracy against the United States of America.

If charged and found guilty of conspiracy, each could be imprisoned for not more than five years, and fined a maximum of $250,000.

Even worse--if that happens the two pistol packin mommas of the House will have to give up their guns
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Those are serious allegations - serious enough to require additional investigation.

Hunter

Most interesting..

I am still curious as to why one segment of Congress wants to downplay January 6 as just a bunch of nice guy tourists and fighting any inquiries..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Most interesting..

I am still curious as to why one segment of Congress wants to downplay January 6 as just a bunch of nice guy tourists and fighting any inquiries..
    I think that is pretty clear - they don't want to be associated with the insurrection by their membership in the party whose head sponsored it. I think the better response would be for them to denounce the insurrection and everyone associated with it. Anyone who takes the time to look at the photos, videos and news reports can clearly see that it was not a few nice guy tourists out for a stroll and taking pictures. Almost 700 "nice guy tourists" have been criminally charged for their actions that day.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Happily-----I am not a lawyer---but I think, if proven, these charges at very least constitute conspiracy against the United States of America.

If charged and found guilty of conspiracy, each could be imprisoned for not more than five years, and fined a maximum of $250,000.

Even worse--if that happens the two pistol packin mommas of the House will have to give up their guns
    But.... Did you stay at a Holiday lnn Express last night?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Two articles about Marjorie Taylor Greene's (non-) response to the allegations. The second article links to a video of Marjorie Taylor Greene bragging about attending a planning session as she leaves the White House.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90689632...ng-stone-jan-6

https://uproxx.com/viral/marjorie-ta...steal-protest/
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

As per Raw Story, the Georgia representative tried to torch the report in an interview with The Daily Caller, though she didn’t actually deny what had been said. She simply demonstrated that she doesn’t know how journalism, especially journalism involving sensitive and ongoing investigations, works. For one, she’d apparently never heard of anonymous sources, nor read the article itself, which went to great lengths to explain why their sources were protected.
    Now where have I heard that dribble before

Not to be negative about the young lass----but the one thing that I have never heard anyone offer in her praise is------------smart

You guys are thinking the DoJ is just rushing to bring these guys in. Not doubt if they get anything more that a slap on the wrist if that.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    You guys are thinking the DoJ is just rushing to bring these guys in. Not doubt if they get anything more that a slap on the wrist if that.
    I have no expectations of Merrick Garland. He will do nothing.

A little more on AG Garland:

At a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee today, Republican senators accused Attorney General Merrick Garland of “siccing” the FBI on parents who are simply concerned about their child’s education.
    The backstory is that there has been a coordinated effort across the country to whip up protests at school board meetings over mask mandates and opposition to teaching Critical Race Theory in K–12 schools (where it is not taught), and they have gotten heated enough that protesters have threatened the lives of school board members, teachers, administrators, and school staff.
    In response, the National School Board Association (NSBA) wrote to the administration asking for federal help in addressing the increasing threats. Garland issued a memo calling for federal law enforcement to work with local law enforcement as necessary to protect school board members.
    Under pressure from Republican state representatives, the NSBA apologized for some of the language it had used in its initial letter—it suggested the protesters were engaging in domestic terrorism, for example—and today senators tried to get Garland, too, to apologize for his memo.
    He refused. "I wish if senators were concerned about this that they would quote my words," he said. "This memorandum is not about parents being able to object in their school boards. They are protected by the First Amendment as long as there are no threats of violence, they are completely protected."
    It was painfully obvious that the Republicans, especially Senators Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Ted Cruz (R-TX), were trying to create sound bites for right-wing media, and perhaps to undermine Garland’s credibility should the Department of Justice bring charges against high-ranking lawmakers over the events of January 6. They portrayed Garland as part of a conspiracy to crush American liberty and demanded his resignation.
    I'm sure the media won't be swayed

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    This is a topic of Virginia Political ads..

The GOP candidate is claiming that the Dem candidate had President Biden have the FBI suppress the rights of parents to address school boards. On TV, audio and printed message, hourly..

Will be so glad when this election, and it’s ads are over..

We are being assailed by similar issues (or non-issues) here. Last week the SB meeting was swarmed by loud and indignant parents wanting to lynch the Librarian over four books which they found in the HS library that insulted their deeply held "values". I do wonder how long they have held those "values".

They then moved into critical race theory---which isn't taught and is no more than a red herring.

While we do not have any "high" offices at stake, I do believe these "pop ups" are intentional simply to keep the rabid right in the spot light.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 10-28-2021 at 09:24 AM.