Thread: Federal Judge Pissed at DOJ Over Jan. 6th Prosecutions

Federal Judge Pissed at DOJ Over Jan. 6th Prosecutions

This Federal Judge understands what happened on Jan. 6th!

Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell of the District of Columbia tore into the DOJ for allowing rioter Jack Jesse Griffith to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of parading in the Capitol. Howell was beside herself, according to The Washington Post:

“No wonder parts of the public in the U.S. are confused about whether what happened on January 6 at the Capitol was simply a petty offense of trespassing with some disorderliness, or shocking criminal conduct that represented a grave threat to our democratic norms,” Judge Beryl A. Howell said in court Thursday. “Let me make my view clear: The rioters were not mere protesters.”
    ARTICLE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Judge Howell should be headed for the Supreme Court someday.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The Biden department of Justice is certainly not trying to do these people any favor. There are a myriad of reasons why they may not want these cases to go to a jury trial. Without the case files in front of me I can only surmise as to the reasons.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I see Attorney General Merrick Garland as a milk toast kind of guy---I hope I am proven wrong
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I see Attorney General Merrick Garland as a milk toast kind of guy---I hope I am proven wrong
    I see him as a wimp who does everything possible to do nothing so as not to step on anyone's toes. He keeps a low profile and will hold DOJ to the same standard.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke