Thread: NBC, KUSA NASCAR

Angry NBC, KUSA NASCAR

So I know most don't watch NASCAR but they are in the playoffs now. The owners of 50+ NBC stations around the country have decided to pull the local broadcasters off Dish Network while they try to negotiate a new deal. so anybody that can't pick up over the air signal are out of luck. That's you football fans also.

I tried to do the app on line but you have to login and when I do I get an error message for the NASCAR races but it will do some other programs. So I guess I'll have to listen on SiriusXM NASCAR channel until the boys stop pissing on one another.

"KUSA, virtual and VHF digital channel 9, is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Denver, Colorado, United States. The station is owned by Tegna Inc."
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

I'm with Phillbo on this subject...Turn the TV off, and leave it off...Life is peaceful now......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm sorry you can't watch your races on the TV. That has to suck! But at the same time I can't understand how listening to a race on the radio can possibly be a satisfactory alternative.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It must be a regional thing. I watched it today on my local NBC affiliate on dish Network.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Slowly losing interest in NASCAR... Too many rules squash the competition. I only watch the super speed way races. 1.5 mile tracks are boring.

They need to turn the engineers lose and let them "run what cha brung"....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm sorry you can't watch your races on the TV. That has to suck! But at the same time I can't understand how listening to a race on the radio can possibly be a satisfactory alternative.
    You do what you have to do. I did find the full race about a week later on Youtube. Funny thing is it is like the raw video and when they go to commercials they just quit talking and not near the commentary, just the race. Waiting on this weekend races to show up.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It must be a regional thing. I watched it today on my local NBC affiliate on dish Network.
    It's Tegna that owns the stations and taking them off.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Damn Credit Card

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Slowly losing interest in NASCAR... Too many rules squash the competition. I only watch the super speed way races. 1.5 mile tracks are boring.

They need to turn the engineers lose and let them "run what cha brung"....
    They are coming out with the next generation cars for 2022. Have not heard much about them but they are going to a single center nut on 18" wheels. Changes in transmissions.

Next Gen Car
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Damn Credit Card

Yeah I hear the next generation can be a pretty radical change I'm looking forward to it I hope it makes it more exciting.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

",,,Next Gen will feature improved aero and downforce packages while introducing new technologies on the track. In addition, the Next Gen car is meant to lower costs and attract new original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to compete with Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota."
    - Wikipedia

Very interesting - I might need to see this happen.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I gave up on Nascar long ago when they banned Smokey's Chevelle back in 1968.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'