Thread: Nephew Joins Up

Nephew Joins Up

Wifey and I digitally attended our nephew's graduation this morning from the Tooele County Sherrif's Office Academy. He previously served in the Army (Afghanistan) and will now serve in Tooele County jails. We wish him and his family a fulfilling and safe career.

Geographically, Tooele County is the county on Salt Lake County's western border.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Excellent...CongRATs to him on all his achievements!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Congratulations to Deputy Nephew.. he is a better man than I..

I could not deal with the “silliness “ that our court and jail officers must deal with..

Good deal!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Congratulations to your Nephew

I might add that Tooele County is also the home of Tooele Army Depot---one of those places out in the desert that turns out not to be a good pick to chase jack rabbits around in the brush----they DO NOT take kindly to visitors In fact, they are down right inhospitable
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Thank you, my friends.

Liked the note about the Toole (pronounced 2-will-uh) Army Depot from Dave.

When I first moved to Utah, we were having flocks of sheep dying en masse out in the Tooele desert. Finally, the military admitted they had nerve gas leaks out there. That did not go over well with the locals. But, now they're in the process of burning it onsite in gas ovens. Frankly, all of us (locals and the military) hope it goes well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead