Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something doesn't add up

Something doesn't add up

It appears Alec Baldwin accidentally killed someone on the set of a movie he is filming. The details just don't make sense although I don't at all think that it was intentional.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...c-baldwin-film
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

He's also been one of the most vocal of the hypocritical anti-gun Hollywood crowd, while having no qualms about collecting a paycheck for portraying someone on film who actually uses a gun......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I am anxiously awaiting to see the details come out on this. Somebody made a really big mistake for a tragedy like this to occur. I sure hope a live round was not in there. I can't imagine that kind of negligence.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm very curious, too. Baldwin has a long history of out of control temper and violence. I feel like it truly was an accident, but................
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

According to this report, the union camera crew walked off the set the morning of the incident citing safety concerns and intolerable working conditions...They were replaced by less skilled, non-union and probably cheaper camera operators...
    In an email to its members, Local 44 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, a union that represents prop masters, said the shot that killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza on Thursday was “a live single round.”

“As many of us have already heard, there was an accidental weapons discharge on a production titled Rust being filmed in New Mexico,” said the North Hollywood-based local. “A live single round was accidentally fired on set by the principal actor, hitting both the Director of Photography, Local 600 member Halyna Hutchins, and Director Joel Souza. Both were rushed to the hospital,” the email said.
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Which begs the question "WTF were they doing with live rounds on a movie set"? And also, if something required a live round, who was responsible for the safety of the live round and WTF were they doing to ensure the safety of everyone on the set? Come on, people, a movie set is not a shooting range and extraordinary precautions should be in place if they have a need for a live round.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Use a fake gun and CGI it during editing.....

There are so many ways they could have avoided a deadly outcome - including the obvious one, by checking a firearm someone else loaded.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Many years ago an up and coming star, he hung out with Bruce Lees son or was Bruce Lee's son. He put a blank gun to his head as a joke and pulled the trigger, the cotton wad that was in the blank killed him. "Hollywood" at the time instituted new protocols that stated that no weapon could be used that expelled anything for any reason. "In this day and age there is no reason for accidents like this to happen" And now they are using live rounds, looking at that sob Baldwin and knowing his agenda...... I hope somebody at least makes life hard for him for a little while.
    This is your mind on drugs!

And for what it's worth this is the young lady that was in charge of the guns.

https://twitter.com/TeresaFreeThink/...Uk6g_w55g&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Use a fake gun and CGI it during editing.....
    Exactly. I happen to like a series called The walking Dead and I'm lucky enough to know some of the production people. I have been allowed to be on the set in senoia Georgia to view some of the filming. No weapon on the set even has a firing pin. All of the sounds of discharge muzzle flashes, ect. are all CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    And for what it's worth this is the young lady that was in charge of the guns.
    From the comments on that page:
    Anyone ever going to report who's fingerprints were on the shell casing and gun? Or is that just not being nice ?
    A fair question......Ben

The gun had a live round. Someone was using it for target practice before it was used on the set.. Someone screwed the pooch big time.

Someone screwed the pooch big time.
    And the lady paid the ultimate price for that negligence......Ben

The gun had a live round. Someone was using it for target practice before it was used on the set.. Someone screwed the pooch big time.
    I do not understand why they used "real" firearms on a movie set.