Thread: Check out this menu

Check out this menu

Well I'll have to give it to the old man Biden has good taste in restaurants.

https://www.fiolamaredc.com/dinner
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Hell, I doubt I could afford a free glass of water in that place!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Wowzers..

The address made me chuckle.. it’s under the Whitehurst Freeway.. l back in my youth it was the low rent district.. across the street was a concrete plant and the parking yard for snow plows and trash trucks.. place stunk, there was a flour mill in the next block.. and the place flooded every spring ..

Now it’s fancy, the flour mill had moved (to the old National Bohemian/ Colt45 brewery).. but it still floods.. only now people fret and it’s on the news..

Used to be a “club” a few doors down.. sold only beer.. saw The Lovin Spoonful there..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Wowzers..

The address made me chuckle.. it’s under the Whitehurst Freeway.. l back in my youth it was the low rent district.. across the street was a concrete plant and the parking yard for snow plows and trash trucks.. place stunk, there was a flour mill in the next block.. and the place flooded every spring ..

Now it’s fancy, the flour mill had moved (to the old National Bohemian/ Colt45 brewery).. but it still floods.. only now people fret and it’s on the news..

Used to be a “club” a few doors down.. sold only beer.. saw The Lovin Spoonful there..
    Yeah it seems undesirable places in large metropolitan areas are being reclaimed. I think that's good. You seeing the Loving spoonful there is a quite amazing.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Well I'll have to give it to the old man Biden has good taste in restaurants.
    I didn't see anything related to good taste on that menu...I didn't go very far, but I didn't see cheeseburgers listed anywhere......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Like this one Ben?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	38312

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Like this one Ben?
    Maybe I didn't read far enough then...Unfortunately I'm not supposed to eat the fries...I do anyway because life is just unbearably dull without carbs of some kind even if I'm not supposed to go near them...My endocrinologist has had me wearing a tattletale blood glucose monitor for the last week which checks my blood sugar every five minutes...I go in tomorrow to get the bad news......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I share your struggle as well as your thoughts regarding carbs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis