Thread: Almost Embarrassed to Post This

Almost Embarrassed to Post This

I'll admit to buying a 12 gauge shotgun I don't need and have no idea what I will do with it. I bought it because it was something of a novelty and on sale for cheap. It also had a rebate which was four 9 round magazines which were delivered today. Damn! They are big and heavy. Empty! 12 gauge requires huge magazines! I'm wondering how the gun will feel with one of these loaded.

I haven't fired this beast yet, not sure if I ever will. I've already been offered twice what I paid for it after only one person seeing it, but I declined.

SHOTGUN

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

You can never regret or be embarrassed about acquiring another firearm. That looks like a bad rama jama.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Likely could be of use for clearing brush in the west 40
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm thinking it could be of use should Jurassic Park ever become a reality.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'll admit to buying a 12 gauge shotgun I don't need and have no idea what I will do with it.
    What's "need" got to do with it?......

This is Texas, you see it, you like it, you buy it......

I took delivery yesterday on the 164th S&W I've acquired since I kickstarted my collection/accumulation again this time last year, and I can't pinpoint a "need" for any of them, other than the fact I just like them and wanted them...Of that number, I still have 82 minus the nickeled 4" Model 57 I added last weekend...A buddy called yesterday after finding out I had it and made me an offer only a fool would turn down...And my Pappy didn't raise any fools......

On to the next acquisition......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I took delivery yesterday on the 164th S&W I've acquired since I kickstarted my collection/accumulation again this time last year, and I can't pinpoint a "need" for any of them, other than the fact I just like them and wanted them...
    I'm beginning to feel very uncomfortable with this conversation----I have spent years presenting new needs to answer the certain question of, why did you need that? I have also learned never---never--offer a "reason" that would allow the follow up of---"well then why do you still need that other one"?

One of the really confusing aspects of this issue is that I can sneak a new gun into the house without my wife seeing it enter----but somehow, even with all that I have she is like a cow who can sniff out a bastard calf in the herd.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Handling firearms or firearms parts can expose you to lead and other petroleum products known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm."
    - ROCK ISLAND ARMORY

Good to know.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead