Thread: Are Americans This Stupid?

Are Americans This Stupid?

I am continually amazed at how little Americans know and understand about our government.

Eight months after former President Donald Trump left office, almost a quarter of Republican voters still believe he'll be reinstated in the White House before the end of 2021—despite numerous failed predictions among fans and supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

Even though the U.S. Constitution doesn't provide a mechanism for the "reinstatement" of a president who lost an election, 22 percent of Republican voters still think Trump will "likely" be reinstated before the end of the year, according to a new Economist/YouGov poll. (emphasis added by me)

Of those, 11 percent say it's "very likely" Trump will be reinstated and 11 percent say it's "somewhat likely." The number of Republican voters who believe that about Trump was far greater than Democratic voters—12 percent—and even slightly greater than the 19 percent of Trump voters.

SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Move over my friend-----you are no more amazed than I am

They have to be on something----no sound mind would go there
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

There are a great number of dumbasses in this country. Just look who we keep electing over and over again. I don't think either party has a franchise on stupidity.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    ...........I don't think either party has a franchise on stupidity.
    Of course not. The article says 12% of Democrats believe it is very likely Trump will be reinstated. Simply amazing............
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

And they watched every second of the My Pillow guy's cybersymposium and believed every word of it.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

"ARE AMERICANS THIS STUPID"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I am continually amazed at how little Americans know and understand about our government.

Yes
    This is your mind on drugs!

Not to worry there's forums everywhere where they can get "real" info. From real good stuff to shake your head in disbelief. I know cause it's on the net.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    And they watched every second of the My Pillow guy's cybersymposium and believed every word of it.
    And many watch MSNBC and believe every word of it.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Though I am saddened by these same farcical political acts, I soothe myself by remembering many countries would have been plunged into civil war over our political struggles. However, our political system will survive all this. Some of our best Americans resisted this coup attempt and died. We honor them, and their efforts, by remembering them as heroes

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Could you give me their contact information, I want to sell my ocean front property in Arizona?
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson