Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry Mike

Sad, Right or wrong I hope the shooter is given the same justice he gave our law enforcement people.
    This is your mind on drugs!

An early Christmas present came yesterday!

CAPTURED!

When arrested, he was placed in Deputy Atkin's handcuffs. Justice!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

And no bond...Assuming his guilt, may he die in prison - and soon......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

As an aside, I was reminded Saturday just how brief a law enforcement career can be unless extreme awareness and caution is taken at all times...Before I opened Shooter's Station, I operated my business as an FFL at my home...I was contacted by an old friend from Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable's office who knew of a young man with a bright future ahead of him whose Dad wanted to buy him his first duty gun, a S&W revolver...My memory is hazy that far back, and the BATF now has those old records, but I believe it was a Model 686, brand new in the box...His Dad was extremely proud of his son, and no matter what gun he chose to carry on duty, he wanted him to have the traditional police sidearm just to keep...

I knew this young man who only had aspirations to be the best lawman to his ability, but due to a moment of inattention, that dream was denied to him forever...Michael Eakin lost his life on a traffic stop after leaving his position as a reserve deputy with Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable, to accept a full time position as a deputy for Harris County Precinct 1 Constable...I was reminded of this after being rerouted onto the Hardy Toll Road Saturday on my way home from a gun show, when I saw the memorial sign dedicated to his memory at the same spot on the road where Michael Eakin's life was brutally taken from him by the same miscreant and waste of oxygen who now resides comfortably in the Texas State Penitentiary for the remainder of his useless life......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Great news all the way around
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    .....Michael Eakin lost his life on a traffic stop after leaving his position as a reserve deputy with Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable, to accept a full time position as a deputy for Harris County Precinct 1 Constable.....
    I remember that well. Another senseless loss of life.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    An early Christmas present came yesterday!

CAPTURED!

When arrested, he was placed in Deputy Atkin's handcuffs. Justice!
    AWESOME NEWS
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Man, we're finding it harder to hire good cops in Utah. Hopefully, legislators/public leaders will bring back the retirement and pay benefits to attract those who want to serve.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    What Mike and Ben said * 2. All of this is part and parcel of the left wing part of our government that despises police.
    I'm sorry but what "left wing" political party tried to overthrow the election and remain in power?

I'm surprised that anyone wants to become a Law Enforcement Officer now with all the challenges that they face. It has to be one of the most dangerous jobs and the most thankless ones day in and day out. I'm glad they caught the shooter.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson