Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw this shot today

Saw this shot today

Thought it was absolutely gorgeous and symbolic of fall. New Hampshire is such a beautiful place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211014-001337_Facebook_resize_4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	38299
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I agree a beautiful place. My best friend was born and raised there. He's probably sitting on some little dock up there talking to all that went before him.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Whoa!!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

nice!! we usually get good color here, north east pa, but it is too warm this year for good color. 75 degs today
    it's time to change the air in my head

Northern Az gets some color.... Near Flagstaff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waterline Road.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	38300  

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    ...75 degs today
    Sweet.

We just hit our first freeze this week. So, our colors are just starting. We're hoping for a wet Winter. Everything downstream on the Colorado needs the water - particularly Lakes Powell and Mead.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Sweet.

We just hit our first freeze this week. So, our colors are just starting. We're hoping for a wet Winter. Everything downstream on the Colorado needs the water - particularly Lakes Powell and Mead.

Hunter
    normally we have had a hard frost or 2 by now, but not this year. suppose to be high in the low 60's an lows in the low's 40's next week. i can't wait, the skeeters and biting flies are out in force right now. heck some of my spring blooming flowers are blooming!
    it's time to change the air in my head

We need a hard freeze to turn the citrus...

Yeah, we all look forward to Winter in different ways. For me, it means a nice long break from yard work.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

From a friend in Maine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	38305  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Spent the first week of October crossing upstate New York, colors were just starting to change.. we missed the beauty of these pictures..

FYI.. did you know that New Hampshire has one of the worst prisons in the country? They make the inmates manufacture license plates that read….

Live Free or Die…

Cute joke but I can't allow it to be possibly misunderstood and become someone's misinformation

My friend was a four term past Governor of New Hampshire. You could not find a more gentle and compassionate person. His lovely wife is a pediatric MD and his equal in gentleness and compassion. I cannot reconcile a harsh prison with John's nature.

He now teaches at Dartmouth----what a blessed group of students they are.

And for NY---you could take a second trip!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yes Maine is also a glorious beauty during the fall. I saw this shot today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211018-140810_Facebook_resize_83.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	38307
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Thank you, my friends. You remind me of how beautiful Fall can be.

Hunter

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Cute joke but I can't allow it to be possibly misunderstood and become someone's misinformation

My friend was a four term past Governor of New Hampshire. You could not find a more gentle and compassionate person. His lovely wife is a pediatric MD and his equal in gentleness and compassion. I cannot reconcile a harsh prison with John's nature.

He now teaches at Dartmouth----what a blessed group of students they are.

And for NY---you could take a second trip!
    Never said harsh…

It’s a joke.. a play on prisoners and the Live free on the license plates..

Seriously.. the license plates are probably made in China now..