Thread: Our broken supply chain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our broken supply chain

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That was interesting. It appears there is no relief on the horizon.

I experienced the shipping problem when replacing the counter tops in my new kitchen. I ordered stone slabs from Brazil that never arrived. During the wait I was told they were on a ship waiting to be offloaded at the Port of Houston. Something happened and the container with my stone was lost. The company ordered more stone which had to be quarried in Brazil. The story repeated itself. After nine months I was told the quarry had shut down and no more of this stone was being shipped. I found a different stone I liked better anyway. It was more expensive but the vendor let me have it at the same price we had agreed on.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Unfortunately, stories like yours are all too common. This is dragging our economy down.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    This is dragging our economy down.
    I agree.

We're seeing the impact a Recession brings. It's not being called one by the government or the media - yet it's significant nonetheless.

My friends, this is a time to be selfish. Help yourselves and your families to be financially strong and, hopefully, we'll joke someday about making it through the Covid Recession.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Seams to me that this would come under the Transportation Sec. I have to wonder where Mr. Butt Plug is hiding . .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Seams to me that this would come under the Transportation Sec. I have to wonder where Mr. Butt Plug is hiding . .
    I'm impressed LV, you spoke and they got right to it

So, what is next big guy

He's been on paid maternity leave. I hear he's struggling with learning breastfeeding.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Who is Mr Butt Plug and how do you know this information?