Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue 74

Blue 74

It recently occurred to me that I haven't seen Paul (Blue 74) around for a very long time. I once had his email but think it might have been lost in my ransom hacking.

I don't normally go to the dark side but with COVID still raging I do have a concern for him.

Has anyone heard from him?

Does anyone have his email?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Does anyone have his email?
    I do...I told him a dragnet was out for him......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I do...I told him a dragnet was out for him......Ben
    Thanks Ben---I hope we hear from him.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Thanks Ben---I hope we hear from him.
    Thanks for the concern. I've been hanging out at my house in Nebraska doing small repairs and upgrades to my new to me fifth wheel. I bought a 2014 Keystone Cougar 337FLS to replace the Alfa. It was getting a little long in the tooth and took a lot to keep going. I'm getting ready to head back to Arizona and California for the winter in November. I didn't get back till May this year, help a friend move a 40' Teton triaxle to his campground, heavy pig.

Last year I got the electrical moved underground and the 100 year old garage done for the pontoon storage. I've been doing a few things around the house and adding tools to the other garage. Lake McConaughy is only at 56% full so it's a pain to launch and load it by myself. Making an extension for the tongue to get the trailer farther into the water. Last year the season ended for me in mid-September.

So most days I'm out in the garage doing some small project or watching TV. On the nice days I go fishing and boating. My dog has decided he doesn't like riding in the truck or going out on the boat, so he stays home. I'm going to go looking at a used ATV to take to Arizona to explore with, the knees and feet don't work so good anymore. I had cataract surgery this month so no more glasses except to read, maybe next year the knees. Hoping next year to do more upgrades around the house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck and Trailer 2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	38218  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bass Buggy.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	38219  

Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Man it sounds like you're living the life. I don't know you very well and have not communicated with you wow seems like you got it all figured out. Enjoy yourself and enjoy your life.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Good for you Paul

It sounds like retirement agrees with you

I'm glad to hear that---and glad to hear from you and know all is well---check in every so often just so we know all is well

Cataract surgery made a world of difference to me, Paul...I'm sure it will for you...Even colors were brighter...When there's nothing on TV worth watching (which is 24/7), come visit us bozos...We're at least as entertaining as pro wrestling, and sometimes just as predictable......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm also wondering what became of Cactus Curt, and that wandering troubadour, Kevin?......Ben

It appears that Curt hasn't been back since the day before we crashed. He may not know we're back.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I suspect Kevin will be back in due time. I have learned a lot from Kevin over the years---and that is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He may not know we're back.
    I sent him an email......Ben

....... I have learned a lot from Kevin over the years---and that is a good thing
    Same here!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Good for you Paul

It sounds like retirement agrees with you

I'm glad to hear that---and glad to hear from you and know all is well---check in every so often just so we know all is well
    That it does, after multiple jobs for 13 years and literally living in a semi for 14 years I'm having fun.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Ahhh... retirement. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Wifey and I have discussed several times that we no longer have the time to work anymore.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    .... Wifey and I have discussed several times that we no longer have the time to work anymore.

Hunter
    Same here. I don't know how I got anything done when I had to go to work every day.