Thread: Packard

Packard

Inside Packard’s Legendary 1932-39 V12.

Does anyone think the Tesla will have the same cachet 90 years from now
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nope, I don't, Dave.

I only owned a V12 once - a Mercedes SL. I still kick myself for selling it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

i got to ride in a v12 packard limo, it was a 36 or 37. very smooth and powerful, i didn't get to drive it. i did get to drive a straight 8 packard it was a coupe, a 39 i think (it was many years ago) i do remember that coupe being the smoothest car i have ever driven without question.

i don't think tesla will have the same notoriety, but we are comparing 2 totally different vehicles.
    it's time to change the air in my head

Fully expect someone to electify one in the near future.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Cool car season is in full swing in Scottsdale. I love it!

Arr, Bo. I've been down there a few times. I'd keep the top up and the air conditioning on during the Summer and cruise with the top down in Winter.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead