Thread: Lower than whale poop

Lower than whale poop

Today, committee chair Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and vice chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) released a statement saying that Meadows and Patel “are, so far, engaging” with the committee, but that “Bannon has indicated that he will try to hide behind vague references to privileges of the former President.”
    Meanwhile, Bannon told his podcast audience that he will have 20,000 “shock troops” ready to take over the country. “We control this country,” he said. “We have to start acting like it.” Bannon is using Trump’s reliance on executive privilege to defy the congressional subpoenas. Legal observers say this is a stretch, since Bannon was not part of the executive branch after 2017.
    I can't imagine anyone but trump befriending such a demented SOB.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I agree, Dave. Yet, I am not ready to think we have seen the last of Trump. For, he's got a habit of turning his failures around.

For me, Trump's biggest achievement, taking over our highest political office, was a mistake. It brings a level of scrutiny and documentation he'll find more difficult to escape, unlike his civilian endeavors.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    ..... taking over our highest political office, was a mistake. It brings a level of scrutiny and documentation he'll find more difficult to escape, unlike his civilian endeavors.

Hunter
    I think you are right. When he was in NYC he simply became a unprincipled bully to be avoided---he is in a far more potentially damaging position now. I hope the wheels of justice turn fast enough to take him out prior to the next election.

There are few things I would like to see more than trump taking a perp walk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...he is in a far more potentially damaging position now.
    Yes. If Trump does take a hit, it will put more pressure on our legislature to stand up to him. But, will they? And, additionally, what will the RNC do? (Rhetorical questions, my friends.)

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Maybe he could share a cell with Biden's son. True bipartisanship.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe he could share a cell with Biden's son. True bipartisanship.
    How dare you...... The president fully supports his son.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    True bipartisanship.
    That's the best statement I've seen on the web today.

Hunter