Thread: This is why

This is why

George Soros dumps millions upon millions of dollars into district attorney races. He must be smiling today.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...hootout-austin
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Excessive political donations make a mockery of our principle of "one person, one vote" by giving the wealthy the ability to buy votes and sway legislation through his/her donations which are used to finance elections. There should be a cap on how much a single entity can donate to any particular candidate, party or PAC.

We should also absolutely forbid donations from anyone who is not a registered American voter. We do not need outside influence from Russia, China, Iran or any other foreign entity. Make it a felony penalty for both the donor and the beneficiary of the donation.

I sometimes toss around the idea that all elections should be financed by the government giving all candidates an equal platform from which to campaign. I haven't yet figured out how that would work, but I lean toward requiring potential candidates to obtain a number of signatures on petitions in order to qualify for campaign funding. No private funding permitted - everyone starts out with equal funding, let the best liar win.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Good old Soros hasn't forgot you guys down in Texas

https://www.chron.com/politics/artic....php#taboola-1
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Good old Soros hasn't forgot you guys down in Texas

https://www.chron.com/politics/artic....php#taboola-1
    She is the worst occupant of the Harris County district attorney's office of my career as a peace officer in Harris County. I think the voters are maybe beginning to recognize that with all of the recent failures of her office. I hope so, anyway. Unfortunately, Houston is a democrat stronghold and the only way a republican gets elected is from the rest of the county. Damn glad I've moved to one of the reddest counties in Texas even if we do have the lunatic Gohmert in Congress who I hope is defeated in the primaries.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Excessive political donations make a mockery of our principle of "one person, one vote"...
    Yes - they do.

I think the best we can hope for is that, hopefully, those on the far Left, Right, and special interest groups cancel each other out. Yet, the best way would be simply striking the ability to donate massive amounts to politically connected groups or individuals. Having said that, it would be difficult to enforce without creating a powerful neutral governing entity.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead