Thread: This is a marathon week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is a marathon week

We are on vacation with another couple on the Eastern Shore of MD. Deal Island to be specific.

My Grandfather was a waterman on Tilghman Island about 60 miles north of here and 30 as the fish swim. This is very quiet with few outsiders. We have a house right on the water and can hear the waves day and night.

Yesterday was the opening of oyster season and today I got 3 doz fresh oysters at $5.00/doz Tonight we didn't feel like a lot to eat so we had shrimp. Tomorrow we will get into the oysters, some on the half shell and some grilled in the shell with garlic butter and lemon One in our party doesn't eat oysters or I would have gotten more. I'm planning on going back on Monday and get more

I also got a dozen jumbo soft shell crabs and two whales. They just might share the spot light tomorrow with the grilled oysters
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    One in our party doesn't eat oysters
    Whoever that is can join me at the cheeseburger table......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Whoever that is can join me at the cheeseburger table......Ben
    I'd be all too happy to serve you both excellent cheese burgers---while I slurp my oysters. I easily could eat all three doz on the half shell alone---and before the week is out I just may do exactly that.

At a price of $0.416 each compared to the normal price I pay of $2.00 to $2.50 ea in a restaurant I'm like a 16 year old in a whore house with his daddy's credit card
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Reminds me of how much I still miss living by the ocean.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I was growing increasingly concerned for the wellbeing of my oysters---which I planned on having for dinner tonight. So, as a wellness check , I just did a random sample of one. I am most happy to report that one was very well----but just to insure continued best quality I may opt to do hourly random sampling between now and dinner.

I shucked one dozen that we (3) shared as an appetizer along with Yuengling Lager---now I have two more dozen to shuck and do on the grill with butter and garlic---along with a second beer---life is very good