Thread: I have to compliment the Democrats--at least they have balls

I have to compliment the Democrats--at least they have balls

I'm not going to get into a philosophical debate as it relates to the current spending bills and debt ceiling---but I have to admire the Democrats---at least they aren't a bunch of follow the leader spineless sheeple.

There is a huge divide between my thinking and the progressives----but I admire their tenacity---and I admire the tenacity of the moderates and all the different factions in the Democratic tent. I can't help but compare their outspoken positions to the emasculated (that is an old sheep farmer's term for no balls) lambs on the republican side. As a matter of fact---it is pretty damn sad that one of the only republicans with big enough balls to publicly break with the trumper puppets happens to be a lady. I haven't always agreed with her politics but I sure as heck agree with her moral posture and courage. If you failed to see her on 60 min Sunday night----you owe it to yourself to spend 13 minutes and listen to that interview.

Speaker Pelosi might be a masterful cat herder (my Mother always counseled me that I could find at least one good thing in anyone---but then my Mother never met trump!)---but I admire the independence of those cats. We, as a nation, are the result of differing opinions, willingness to respect them and the courage to argue those beliefs. trump's avowed focus to destroy anyone not kowtowing to his sickness is counter too who we are and what we represent---and the spineless following should all hang their heads in shame.

This bunch of "willows in the wind" have stolen the Republican party---and I hope there will come a day when there are enough like me to take it back---it should not be that difficult---they are easy to identify, they all carry purses
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My friend, if Republicans carry purses there's a good possibility there's a pistol in it. Democrats, eh.... not as likely.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

And this morning comes this:

In the Senate, Republican Tom Cotton (R-AR) tried to amend the measure to stop aid for Afghan refugees who were evacuated to the United States. That amendment reflected the demands of former president Donald Trump, who insisted that Republicans should oppose the bill, calling it “a major immigration rewrite that allows Biden to bring anyone he wants from Afghanistan for the next year—no vetting, no screening, no security—and fly them to your community with free welfare and government-issued IDs.” Trump suggested they would bring “horrible assaults and sex crimes” that would be “just be the tip of the iceberg of what’s coming if this isn’t shut down.”
    For all their talk of concern about taking care of our Afghan allies during the evacuation of Afghanistan, all 50 Republican senators voted for Cotton’s measure. Democrats killed it on a strict party line vote.
    You might think they would be a bit more reluctant about dropping their pants in such a public way---they not only have no balls they have no morals
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    My friend, if Republicans carry purses there's a good possibility there's a pistol in it. Democrats, eh.... not as likely.

Hunter
    The Republican women I know carry big purses to conceal the cannons they carry...They can hurt you with their little backup guns too.....Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Republicans are a bunch of follow the leader spineless sheeple, but the Democrats killed it on a strict party line vote. I'd be more inclined to group our whole government into the spineless group. To bad Trump is in all those thoughts everything turns into a senseless rant when his name is mentioned. Don't think I could call him spineless though, a little wacko but there's a lot of that in Washington.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Republicans are a bunch of follow the leader spineless sheeple, but the Democrats killed it on a strict party line vote. I'd be more inclined to group our whole government into the spineless group. To bad Trump is in all those thoughts everything turns into a senseless rant when his name is mentioned. Don't think I could call him spineless though, a little wacko but there's a lot of that in Washington.
    The republicans are sheep, the democrats are lemmings.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Democrats are so fortunate to have Trump otherwise if there was another viable Republican candidate they would be in the dust
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

As I've told several Republican friends, not all Democrats come unarmed.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Democrats are so fortunate to have Trump otherwise if there was another viable Republican candidate they would be in the dust
    We should see how accurate that assessment is in the results of the next presidential election. I'm looking forward to it, as I'd like to know as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	38298  

This Democratic administration is doing such a great job.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Personally, I don't like the way both parties are handling things. As I've said before, might be time for a strong Independent to do a power play - yet I don't have a clue who that could be (there does not seem to be a Ross Perot on the sideline).

Hunter

I like neither party. Glad Ross Perot is not available. He would have been worse than either. We have to stop electing the entitled rich.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Yes, Mike. I agree with your stance. I was simply coming up with an example of an outsider entering the race.

Hunter