Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No vax you loose

No vax you loose

Gots me another question for y'all . If State and Federal workers will be fired and loose benefits for not getting vaxed . Just how many of those collecting Government checks for all types of aid will have their checks withdrawn ?.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

hopefully all of them. You no vax, I no pay for your care...works for me
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Not a clue. I have not seen anything about that. Not sure why it matters.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    hopefully all of them. You no vax, I no pay for your care...works for me
    That works for me too, but only as far as health care
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Are you on a fishing trip LV?

Hypothetical questions are just that---but I will offer a hypothetical answer----it would end up in the courts.

That said, all I have read about is in-lieu of vaccination they have to submit to frequent testing.

Now---this is a social disease and that means we all need to be engaged in the "cure", I continue to marvel at the magnitude of denial of that fact.

Added in edit:

I stand corrected---this from the NYT:

New York’s mandate is among the strictest, providing no option to test weekly rather than get vaccinated.
    Frankly, I'm just fine with that---this isn't about "I" or "me"----this is about "US". You have every right to die----but no right to take US along
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 09-29-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Works for me as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

...and from this morning's NYT, more to this foolishness:

Many vaccinations, few firings
    We are now living through this cycle again. The deadline for many workplace mandates arrived this week, often requiring people to have received a Covid-19 vaccine or face being fired. In California, the deadline for health care workers is today.

As was the case with Washington’s army, the mandates are largely succeeding:

California’s policy has led thousands of previously unvaccinated medical workers to receive shots in recent weeks. At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, about 800 additional workers have been vaccinated since the policy was announced last month, bringing the hospital’s vaccination rate to 97 percent, according to my colleague Shawn Hubler.

When New York State announced a mandate for hospital and nursing-home staff members in August, about 75 percent of them had received a shot. By Monday, the share had risen to 92 percent. The increase amounts to roughly 100,000 newly vaccinated people.

At Trinity Health, a hospital chain in 22 states, the increase has been similar — to 94 percent from 75 percent, The Times’s Reed Abelson reports. At Genesis HealthCare, which operates long-term-care facilities in 23 states, Covid cases fell by nearly 50 percent after nearly all staff members had finished receiving shots this summer.

Often, the number of people who ultimately refuse the vaccine is smaller than the number who first say they will. Some are persuaded by the information their employer gives them — about the vaccines’ effectiveness and safety, compared with the deadliness of Covid — and others decide they are not really willing to lose their jobs.

A North Carolina hospital system, Novant Health, last week suspended 375 workers, or about 1 percent of its work force, for being unvaccinated. By the end of the week, more than half of them — about 200 — received a shot and were reinstated.

Of course, 175 firings are not nothing. (A Washington Post headline trumpeted the story as “one of the largest-ever mass terminations due to a vaccine mandate.”) United Airlines said this week that it would terminate even more employees — about 600, or less than 1 percent of its U.S. work force.

These firings can create hardship for the workers and short-term disruptions for their employers. But those disruptions tend to be fleeting, because the percentage of workers is tiny. “I’m not seeing any widespread disruptive effect,” Saad Omer of the Yale Institute for Global Health told The Times.mall
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

In a related unpublished story, my tenant's younger sister was in her third year of nursing school when her class was told last week that Covid vaccination was now mandatory before entering her internship...Already familiar with my own Covid experience, she was vaccinated (brand name unknown to me), and shortly began having a rapidly escalating heartbeat...At the ER it was determined that the vaccine was the cause of her ailment...Medication stabilized her heartbeat, but she was told she could not continue toward a nursing degree which had always been her dream career...

To make things worse, after her release from the hospital, she was on her way back to her dorm when an uninsured, unlicensed, underage (16) intoxicated illegal alien T-boned her car...She was injured badly and taken back to the ER where she was treated and released...Her insurance company has declared her older car a total loss, and their payment to her is nowhere near enough to buy a decent used car...Her auto insurance medical clause will pay for some of the second ER visit...She's a tough young woman who will persevere though...She has already changed her major to psychology, and will get credit for the classes she has already taken...

Meanwhile her stepdad, my oldest friend, said they can't afford to buy her a new car due to their purchase of a new home last month, but together with her insurance recovery they will scrape together enough for some form of transportation...I may be called upon to buy a few of his guns...Over a period of 30 or so years, I've done that more than once, then he bought them back at whatever I paid him for them when the financial climate improved...No word on the fate of the other driver who may have escaped back to Mexico by now...

Life goes on......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

In a related unpublished story, my tenant's younger sister was in her third year of nursing school when her class was told last week that Covid vaccination was now mandatory before entering her internship...Already familiar with my own Covid experience, she was vaccinated (brand name unknown to me), and shortly began having a rapidly escalating heartbeat...At the ER it was determined that the vaccine was the cause of her ailment...Medication stabilized her heartbeat, but she was told she could not continue toward a nursing degree which had always been her dream career...
    When it rains it pours!

I'd love to know more detail on this "expulsion"---there has to be more to that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'd love to know more detail on this "expulsion"---there has to be more to that story.
    Not an expulsion, but since Covid vaccination is required for nursing grads, and she is unable to be vaccinated because it triggered the rapid heartbeat, she was advised that a career change is necessary...The news I just got from her stepdad is that the underlying problem was a previously undetected malfunctioning heart valve that reacted badly to the vaccine...She was in conference with her faculty advisor today who is trying to come up with a suitable plan to allow her to remain in medicine in some capacity...Apparently she has a great deal of promise, and they don't want to lose her......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That I understand, thanks for taking the time to sort that out.

I'll be surprised if they don't soon have a different version of the Covid vaccination that she can tolerate. I have read there are others under development that function entirely differently than the mRNA vaccines we are getting now. Hope should not be lost.

I am pleased our posters are pro-vax. We all win.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I still think there's something fishy going on. I've got my shots but my life's experiences don't allow me to be very trusting af anything the government is involved in. I've not an ounce of trust in any of the suits that hand out billions to mad men over seas while our people are hungry and our infrastructure is crumbling around us.
    This is your mind on drugs!

If you don't agree die. Pretty much dramatic
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.