Thread: Trump's Lies About Voter Fraud And A Bit More - I Got Carried Away!

Trump's Lies About Voter Fraud And A Bit More - I Got Carried Away!

Do we have voter fraud? Without proof, I would guess so, fraud is commonplace in all aspects of life. The question to me is how much voter fraud is happening and does it affect elections. From my research, which is limited to what the various news agencies report, no - it is minor and does not even come close to affecting elections. However, I read lots of news from lots of sources and I don't necessarily believe any of them without lots of indisputable collaboration.

I have to believe that voter fraud is minimal. Just think about it for a few seconds, that's all it should take any thinking person to determine that wide-spread voter fraud of a magnitude to affect elections is just about impossible to pull off. Not only do we have too many safeguards (as simple as they are) in place but we also have a huge surveillance organization in place sponsored by both the government, political partys and private interests.

So, it affronts my sensibility when someone like Donald Trump brings his traveling circus to Texas demanding an election audit in an election he handily won. In Texas, where there are lots of his disciples seeking power and (false) honor he wants to demonstrate election fraud. I am beginning to believe he just might be the modern day version of the anti-Christ. There is no doubt he is hell-bent on destroying our version of democracy and has instituted a full-out attack aimed at destroying the Republican party. He is not too far from succeeding on both counts. News reports of his near coup should send shivers down every American's back.

Wake up America! We are better than what the democrat and republican parties are giving us! Vote the bastards out before one or the other makes good on a coup like the one that Trump failed to achieve. Without a grass roots effort to take back our country eventually someone will achieve what Trump failed to do - overthrow our country for their personal dominance. That's called a dictatorship for those who have fallen behind in reading comprehension, and it is something every American should fight against. Republican, Democrat or Independent, you have a duty to fight against the partisanship and destruction being played out in Washington and your state capitols. Don't let the few take our country from us. VOTE!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Well stated..

For many years my wife was an “Officer of Elections”.. she led at the polls.. yes there were people who had moved out of the precinct who voted.. and yes care givers went into the ting booth with grandma.. but those numbers are minute and insignificant.. the real fraud.. well.. can’t figure out how it would work.. every ballot is double accounted for.. every action recorded.. there is an electronic record of every action and a paper audit trail as a backup..

Remember, we as a society can’t keep a surprise party secret.. or a Generals call a Chinese General secret..

While I agree that what we experience today is minor, and under the microscope of all the watching eyes probably going overlooked but not undetected, it is not impossible...A look at history, and Lyndon Johnson's having been in the exact spot to alter that history, the 1948 election and the Box 13 scandal prove that the direction of a nation can be altered by an otherwise miniscule fragment of fraud...Without Box 13, could Johnson have still gone on to leave his bootprint in the face of the American public?...Maybe, but he bypassed a lot of bumps in the road with that one small coup...One less corruptible official might have made a difference...

For want of a nail......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I am beginning to believe he just might be the modern day version of the anti-Christ. There is no doubt he is hell-bent on destroying our version of democracy and has instituted a full-out attack aimed at destroying the Republican party. He is not too far from succeeding on both counts. News reports of his near coup should send shivers down every American's back.
    Amen my friends!

trump is a psychopath:

a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

an unstable and aggressive person.

Psychopaths can be seen by others as charming, lead a semblance of a normal life, and minimize risk in criminal activities.

The true definition of a psychopath in psychiatry is antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). ASPD describes an individual who shows patterns of manipulation and violation to others.
    My core concern has not been trump, rather the damage that he has, is and continues to inflict on our democratic form of government.

Some time ago I made a comparison in technique between trump and hitler and their use of the "big lie". Someone here came unglued on me for such a slanderous thought----well it isn't slanderous and it isn't mine alone:

The big lie (German: große Lüge) is a gross distortion or misrepresentation of the truth, used especially as a propaganda technique.[1][2] The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously." Hitler claimed the technique was used by Jews to blame Germany's loss in World War I on German general Erich Ludendorff, who was a prominent nationalist political leader in the Weimar Republic. Historian Jeffrey Herf says the Nazis used the idea of the original big lie to turn sentiment against Jews and bring about the Holocaust.

Herf maintains that Joseph Goebbels and the Nazi Party actually used the big lie propaganda technique that they described – and that they used it to turn long-standing antisemitism in Europe into mass murder.[3] Herf further argues that the Nazis' big lie was their depiction of Germany as an innocent, besieged land striking back at international Jewry, which the Nazis blamed for starting World War I. Nazi propaganda repeatedly claimed that Jews held power behind the scenes in Britain, Russia, and the United States. It spread claims that the Jews had begun a war of extermination against Germany, and it used these claims to assert that Germany had a right to annihilate the Jews as self-defense.[4]
    Anyone still wanting to attack me might want to read up on that first.

More than trump, I am fearful (yes, I said that---fearful) of the potential impact of people that have fallen into this deceit of trump's. The number is currently said to include 53% of the Republican Party---simply unfathomable to me.

trump cares nothing about anything other than trump (I have been long astounded that trump can still walk upright rather than slither)---including the future of this democracy and I have to add that my fear of the future might just be eclipsed by my anger over trump's big lie.

His current drive to remain in the news and stay in the spot light is more law suits---one of his life long endeavors and favorite tools----he doesn't have to win a damn one---just by doing it he uses the courts to his advantage.

This is far from over
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 09-26-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    This is far from over...
    Yes, it is.

I fear Trump may still damage our country. Let me explain why:

It's possible Trump may be the Republican candidate in the next presidential election. That concerns me. For, he may supersede and displace a real candidate who could be what our country needs. Also, it may allow a strong Independent candidate to rise and take over the highest political office we have. Additionally, if Trump did win, we'd have his sons, daughters, and in-laws employed in the White House as well.

Let's hope I am wrong.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm praying that Trump does not get the nomination. But if he does I will vote for him again before I will vote to continue what I am seeing happen in this country today. So yes I may be trading bad for bad but if that's the only choice they give you then you got to pick one side of bad.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

trump is sick---that is obvious---but what astounds me is the number of people who embrace his sickness.

Saturday night trump falsely claimed at a rally of the faithful in Georgia where he insulted those in attendance with more lies (which solicited cheers from the adoring)---updated to include trump's version of the Arizona audit:

Former President Donald Trump falsely claimed during a rally in Georgia on Saturday night that the results of the Arizona election "forensic audit" concluded that President Joe Biden lost in Maricopa County, despite the report stating that Biden won with 1,040,873 votes—99 more votes than shown in the certified ballots.

"We won at the Arizona forensic audit yesterday at a level that you wouldn't believe," Trump told the crowd in Perry, Georgia. "They had headlines that Biden wins in Arizona, when they know it's not true. He didn't win in Arizona. He lost in Arizona based on the forensic audit."

The review of results by Trump's GOP allies was in line with the 2020 presidential election results and three previous audits, affirming Biden's win in Arizona's most populous county.
    "We won at the Arizona forensic audit yesterday at a level that you wouldn't believe,"-----the problem is they do believe it

Worshipping a madman
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

All of these issues have me awaiting the next presidential election. Once again, I think it'll be extraordinarily entertaining - and historically important.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead