Thread: Breakthrough?!? MIT Scientists Ecstaticly Announced Containment Device For Fusion

Breakthrough?!? MIT Scientists Ecstaticly Announced Containment Device For Fusion

This could change everything! MIT scientist are figuratively jumping up and down telling the world they believe they have found the secret to building a manageable sized magnet system that can contain a sustainable reaction necessary to produce nuclear fusion to produce vast quantities of electricity safely. Prototype to be built by 2025 and high expectations for commercialization shortly thereafter.

The world would never be the same.

https://news.mit.edu/2021/MIT-CFS-ma...on-energy-0908
    “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill

I like magnets....

Great news, but I suspect we might not have to wait that long for fusion...........
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I hope they succeed. If they can create the energy, store it and transport it, we all win.

Hunter
    Now is the time, if ever there was one, for us to care selflessly about one another. - Dr. Anthony Fauci

I remain optimistic that this long sought goal will be realized in the near future---for the betterment of all mankind and our planet.

As for the MIT team---it doesn't get better than that
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis