Thread: Texas approve open carry without a permit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Texas approve open carry without a permit

I'm not sure I agree with this. I think it's a step or two too far.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm not sure what to think of it myself.

When the state legalized concealed carry permits several years ago I thought the end was near. That turned out to be a pretty good thing after all. Vetted and trained folks didn't turn Texas into the wild west and things rocked on as usual.

Then, when Texas allowed licensed persons to open carry a few years ago I again thought that was a bad idea. But, it appears the licensees felt the same way. After a few years I have only seen two persons open carrying in the grocery store. Good on our Licensees!

Now, with the new "constitutional carry" law, I am very apprehensive. I like the vetting and training previously required much better than letting every fool run around with a gun.

On the one hand lots of folks think it is an open license for all sorts of criminals and mentally deficient folks to carry a firearm. I am also concerned about the lack of training before carrying. Training is important, damned important if someone is going to pack heat. Vetting is also very important.

There are other states that have enacted "constitutional carry" that say there has been no increase in crime. I hope that happens here.

So, whatever happens is on our rabid right wing republicans in Texas. At least they don't plan to take our guns like the rabid left wing democrats.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I also have a watchful eye out......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Az has always been an open carry state and I don't think it's caused an issue.... But then we are not Texas

San Francisco has a better idea...
    The Dream Keeper Fellowship will pay 10 individuals who are at high risk of being on either end of a shooting $300 each month to not be involved in such crimes.
    As a gun owner I am considered high risk by the rulers of California, and I have never shot anyone in San Francisco...In fact, I've never been to San Francisco, therefore at $300 a month for 74 years I have a lot of back pay coming...Who do I invoice?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I am no longer surprised by anything stupid coming out of San Francisco.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke