Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news today...

I like the attitude.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I like the attitude.

Hunter
    Opinions vary...I posted on a S&W forum what I was doing that weekend, adding that my prices would be at a level that would almost guarantee all my guns would return home with me (and all but two did)...I got a response from someone who accused me of being the cause for inflation in S&W prices...Apparently he expected me to travel several thousand miles a year, burning several hundred gallons of diesel for free...He thought my spending countless hours walking shows, talking to people, researching historical values and conditions, cleaning & polishing & repairing what I find and browsing the internet for guns I'm interested in all has no value...He thinks any collector who shows his accumulation at a gun show at his own expense, renting tables, paying for secure displays and living expenses away from home should not be allowed to recoup any of his investment, rather allowing other, more sedentary S&W aficionados to reap the profit of his efforts by accepting whatever offers he happens to get...

My answer then and now is, "Dream on, dude"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Congrats Ben.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Congrats Ben.
    Thanks Fred...I'll add that when I put my guns out for display at a show, they never appear with prices...Anyone who is curious "how much" has to ask...And yes, there is a good reason for that even though it's a constant annoyance to hear that question from those who have no intention of buying or trading......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

If I were in the market for some of the nice pistols you have I would be educated when I walked in and if I saw what I wanted at your table I'd probably start by saying will you take X for that gun? Then I try to read your face and see how close I was.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Then I try to read your face and see how close I was.
    The dealing is where the fun is...The money is always secondary......Ben

You are The Dude, Ben.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead