Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No mandates for vaccination for COVID

Continuing to think of personnel liberties---this morning I read a short note in our local newspaper of an item from Aug. 1, 1941---and it was about a man that I knew, and admired---my one time GP.

The piece said that Dr. Bill Kistler of our town was called to report to Fort Pendleton Va to begin military training. I've told stories here in the past about my beloved doctor--including meeting me once in his office on Thanksgiving day---still in bib overalls and without question, pig chit on his barn shoes!

I'm damn glad that my esteemed Doctor, like 10 million others who were drafted didn't fall victim to some bizarre form of claimed "personnel liberty"---and say----NOT ME
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Well it happened today. A very good friend of mine reported that he has tested positive for covid. The bad news is that he was double vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine in February. His exact words to me were "if it's is bad as I have it after taking the vaccine I can't imagine what it would be like without it". His symptoms are all the classic symptoms extreme coughing diarrhea shortness of breath and a feeling of General malaise. He cannot smell or taste anything. I don't know if this speaks to the efficacy of the vaccine or not. What it does tell me being a person double vaccinated with moderna is that I'm going to be damn careful which includes wearing a mask.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    What it does tell me being a person double vaccinated with moderna is that I'm going to be damn careful which includes wearing a mask.
    You would think as someone who has already been hospitalized with Covid, and recovered, plus I've been double shot with one of the vaccines (got no idea which one) that I would be more careful with masks and handshakes and such, but I just don't worry a lot...I'll wear a mask where it's mandated (like yesterday at my doctor), and I'll wash my hands a lot and avoid people who are symptomatic, but I don't go to extremes...I took breakfast to the young lady who rents from me this morning; she is home over my garage recovering from her bout with the Delta variant of Covid...But she is young and is bouncing back well...She is an animal control officer for Conroe Police Department, and got it (along with everyone else) from contact with the Conroe Animal Shelter...

They closed the shelter and moved all the animals to new locations until the facility can be completely sanitized......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The virus is evolving.. ever changing..

Look at Florida's numbers.. the change isn't in our favor..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The virus is evolving.. ever changing..

Look at Florida's numbers.. the change isn't in our favor..
    Disney World, beautiful beaches, summer vacations equal more covid. If you look at the maps there's a huge circle right around Orlando.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm waiting to see if we have any super spreader event out of the Lollapalooza that is being held in Chicago. From what I can see there are literally tens of thousands of people packed in there and I saw very few masks.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Disney World, beautiful beaches, summer vacations equal more covid. If you look at the maps there's a huge circle right around Orlando.
    According to Mayo Clinic.. Jacksonville and the Northeast county’s are the worse..

But my point was that COVID has evolved and what we thought was safe activity obviously isn’t.. the Florida numbers are through the roof..

And yes, Lolapalooza will be interesting to watch..

BTW… We are back in masks here.. DC is the first jurisdiction to announce.. neighboring Maryland and Virginia usually follow (to some extent) Was in Costco (Fairfax Virginia) today.. 95% in masks..