Thread: Short essay on climate change

Short essay on climate change

This very short essay about a 4 minute read was written by our local meteorologist who has been on TV here for at least four decades. He is might I say a expert meteorologist and has saved countless lives by helping people be aware of tornadoes and their exact path. I found this enlightening and agreed with most everything he said.

https://medium.com/@spann/climate-do...d-4c34eb4e5aac
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"There is an anthropogenic element to climate change."

Seems like there's always a post that causes me to look something up. Yep, this one is it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

So, this meteorologist is saying the same thing I have been castigated for, on this very BBS, for years. Yes, the climate is changing, and yes, the climate always changes, that it is TOTALLY man made is garbage science.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    So, this meteorologist is saying the same thing I have been castigated for, on this very BBS, for years. Yes, the climate is changing, and yes, the climate always changes, that it is TOTALLY man made is garbage science.
    I think I have an echo!

The climate has changed ever since there has been a climate, just as it will continue to do as long as the earth exists. Did/does man cause the change? Hell no! Does modern man affect the change? Maybe, but to a much smaller extent than what nature does all by itself.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Fear the coming ice age.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Fear the coming ice age.....
    Doom on you!...Doom on you!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Doom on you!...Doom on you!......Ben
    I just may have the last mellon.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

We're seeing the end of the Ice Age.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    You mean the scrat froze his nuts off for nothing?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Unfortunately, modern records have only been kept as we are coming out of an ice age.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter

i think we're seeing the end of a lot of things we've taken granted for all our life's', not quite sure how many will live through it. There will be screaming and the gnashing of teeth, I think that's how it went.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Yeah, I consider our rule of the planet is due to the asteroid-related deaths of dinosaurs. If that wouldn't have happened, it's possible Raptors would be running the world. Of course, the little bastards would need to develop hands to do so. Hmmm... this is starting to sound like the plot of an interesting sci-fi film.

Hunter