Thread: More Riots

More Riots

Gonna be a LOOOONNG HOT summer.

But , I have a question. Just how many people have been shot when they cooperated and did what the police told them to do ? .

Seams to me that the lawyers and Courts are disposed to favor the person complaining about police when a trial is sought. Many millions of dollars have been awarded because of " police use of excessive force " .

As for me , rather than fight the police , I'll fight in court and retire happy.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

In both the VA case and now this one in MN, noncompliance was a factor. In VA, the Army officer treated the encounter as a negotiation - prove to me that you were justified in stopping me and I will comply. I don't get that. Yes, I've encountered police officers that were high on their own authority and they are a pain in the ass. But NOTHING is made better by not doing as they instruct. All it does is escalate the situation and that never ever ends well for anyone.

Same thing in MN. This seems like a horrible tragedy, a mistaken shooting, but what on earth was the arrestee doing trying to flee the scene? How is anything made better by that? It is nuts.

It's very sad indeed the situation in Minneapolis. Unfortunately some of the citizens have decided to destroy and loot businesses. I'm afraid that it'll get worse before it gets better. The governor of the state certainly didn't help the matter with his inflaming remarks.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I was invited to a wedding in Minneapolis in June and declined... not the place to put in your travel plans.

The state of Oregon is one of my favorite destinations. I also love the City of Minneapolis I spent many many days there mostly on business but it's such a really nice city. You couldn't give me an all expense paid vacation to Oregon or Minneapolis now. It's really sad that we're not doing more about this lawlessness. It seems there is a segment
    of the citizens of various persuations that are looking for an opportunity to loot and pillage. If that's what they want to do they can do so with virtually no impunity so why not.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    maybe we need to step back and take a wider view of things.

I work with a majority minority crew and I hear a lot.. the straw that broke the camels back happened a year ago.. now there is zero tolerance for needless killing of a minority.. the latest case in Minnesota was just a simple shooting of an unarmed motorist (yes he had a warrant, yes he was uncooperative) but he was shot in cold blood. It’s going to happen every time an unarmed person of color is shot.. or killed.. every time from now on.

The guys that I work with are good hard working honest government employees, they are terrified of being stopped by the police, terrified! And they shouldn’t need to be, but they are.

The looting is never justified

This is my observation..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..

One observation - this does not appear to have been a shooting in cold blood. It appears at this point to have been a tragic mistake. The officer announced that she was deploying a taser and used her gun instead. She dropped it in distress afterward, was obviously distraught. It is early, obviously, but it appears not to be someone deliberately shooting an unarmed person.

And while I understand the anger, it is not reasonable to escalate a situation and not expect consequences. Choosing to escalate a situation never makes things better.

If a white guy farts the situation gets escalated these days.....