Thread: National Law Enforcement Memorial And Museum

National Law Enforcement Memorial And Museum

An interesting find online:

https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-...koyrnXq5_p0ecK

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Most interesting find...

And if one is visiting the LEO memorial in DC, there is a US Mint retail store just up the street a few blocks..

On edit..more like six blocks.. memorial at 6th & E NW... store at 9th between H & I.. but you get to walk thru Chinatown...

OK Sandman----I'll bite---what exactly do they sell at the US Mint retail store
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    OK Sandman----I'll bite---what exactly do they sell at the US Mint retail store
    Proof sets.. we bought an album for the National Park Quarters.. uncut sheets of paper money..

It’s in the lobby of an office building in 800 block of 9th st NW..

Was a good excuse for lunch in Chinatown.. also stopped by the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery. In 600 block of 9th st.. really on F & G.. between 7th & 9th.. (DC is easy, F is sixth letter, 600 block.. just ember that there is no J st)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    just ember that there is no J st)
    Letter discrimination?...The NAPAI (National Association for Prevention of Alphabet Injustice) shall hear about this!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Letter discrimination?...The NAPAI (National Association for Prevention of Alphabet Injustice) shall hear about this!......Ben
    Unfortunately, not that good of a story..

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/arti...and-z-streets/

But why the Avenues are named as they are is a whole nuther story..

Pennsylvania Ave is the link between the Capital and White House because they gave up being the National capital.. Maryland is the “reciprocal “ of Pennsylvania Avenue and is now just quiet government offices..

Virginia and New Jersey Avenues are still there but with no fanfare at all..

Meanwhile New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Rhode Island (Georgia and Wisconsin) have become major commuter routes in and out of town.. go figure..