Thread: A bizarre and tragic tale

A bizarre and tragic tale

I can't get this out of my mind. This comes from a story in our local weekly paper.

Picture an overpass with a two lane highway passing over a four lane highway below. A middle age man on a motorcycle traveling on the upper highway for some reason hit the wall of the bridge. He was thrown off the cycle and over the wall---apparently as he fell he was hit by a car on the highway below. From the story it said the driver of the car was injured--which leads me to suspect the cyclist may have gone through the windshield of the car. The cyclist was killed.

Can you imagine the driver of that car, seeing a body falling in front of him and not being able to do a damned thing to avoid it---my heart goes out to the family of the cyclist and to the driver of that car who will have to live with that image for the rest of his life---may God bring healing to him.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Gruesome. I can only hope that the cyclist's passing was quick. The driver on the road below will see that image for the rest of his or her life. Many sleepless nights await.

we had a call where a Suburban was making a left into a parking lot off Hwy 9 when a fellow on a sportbike came around the corner at 100+ he hit the front of the Suburban went through the front window, between the driver and passenger and ended in the back set on top of the children in child seats. He died there and we had to life flight out the kids ( they lived) It was horrific for all of us.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"