Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chauvin Trial

Today, a pulmonologist testified that Floyd was doing everything he could to try to breathe. The left side of his chest was being compressed by the police and he was using his fingers, knuckles, chin, forehead and nose to try to get air in. The way the handcuffs were shoved up high into his back also constricted his breathing.

Earlier, a forensic scientist testified that Floyd died of hypoxia - lack of air.

In other words, Chauvin looked straight at the camera and choked the life out of Floyd.

Horrible!

No matter the verdict BLM is going to go crazy when it's over.

I believe it's also called Mechanical asphyxia....

Guilty or not---and I will not voice an opinion----when I saw that video the first time and not knowing at the time any details or outcome, I was incensed to the point of shouting at the TV as that SOB rolled his leg back and forth grinding the man's face into the pavement with a look on his face as if he were smashing a bug. The man was handcuffed and on his belly----where in the hell was he going to go
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave I have to agree. Still don't know why the other officers and others there didn't stop him. Shakes head.............
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

During my LEO career, I never saw an officer trained to kneel on a person's neck to hold them down. And, even when deployed on a Fugitive Apprehension Team (yes FAT), I never saw such a restraint used.

It does occur to me that Chauvin may have encountered such a move during his career. But, I assume if he did, the defense would bring that up at trial.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I will fully support the jury's verdict. I hope others do the same.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Why take things so personally, Honda? I'm merely stating a historical fact. I doubt you were on any of those juries.

If we are not going to respect the decisions of juries there is no reason to seat them in the first place.

This is just more of the same lack of respect for the government we are seeing everyday and I'm damned tired of it. I think it may be time for a Constitutional Convention to determine if we even want to continue the Union. We might be better off dissolving it and letting like minded states form new unions.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We might be better off dissolving it and letting like minded states form new unions.
    China would love that, Russia too but not as much as China.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Didn't say it was a good idea. I just said "it may be" time. Mostly it is just an idea to ponder. Lots of ramifications in doing something like that.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Not respecting the decisions of juries gave us the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Montgomery bus boycott, Freedom Riders, the Voting Rights Act...

The end of slavery, the 14th Amendment...

Couple of things, re: the OJ trial, I had just put in a wall mount TV in the shop and I watched all that trial. I was astonished at the verdict, when I heard it I couldn't believe my ears. I firmly thought the prosecution clearly proved it's case.

Re: Chauvin, I think its interesting how perception influences our judgement. Case in point, Dave's comment about his reaction above. I believe that if that photo of Chauvin kneeling, looking at the camera with his hands apparently in his pockets were photoshoped to show his hands in yellow gloves instead of black and have him looking down instead of directly at the camera, our perception might be altered. As it is he appears nonchalant which can't help but anger anyone watching.

That said I believe he is guilty of manslaughter or some degree of murder.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

I predict a manslaughter conviction and Minneapolis will burn to the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I predict a manslaughter conviction and Minneapolis will burn to the ground...
    It will be more than Minneapolis that burns.