Thread: What is it?

What is it?

Could this be what's chewing our plastic sprinkler heads?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	37987  

Dave

Today is un-returnable !

They got them some big teefies
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Possum?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I looked it up

Here's a tip: Opossums and possums are different animals. Opossums live in North America, while possums live in Australia and other countries. Both animals are marsupials, but possums are more closely related to kangaroos.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Squirrels: Furry bastards did a number on the plastic roof gutters in the Santa Cruz Mts. Had to take them out and put in metal ones
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

It's a 'Opossum or just plain Possum. Sulk Here

I doubt it is eating your sprinkler heads. I would suspect squirrels, rats or mice.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That might be God's dumbest creature (after man?).

I had to beat one into submission for raiding my bird feeders----I would knock him off and he would crawl right back up---and I would knock him off and back he came

Finally, I delivered the coup de grâce to the side of his head
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Bad move Dave. They eat ticks and grubs . Are very good for the health of your land and any animals you may have.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Tell my birds that IV

If you win that one, maybe you can convince them that the bears and the squirrels are really their friends too

Also, let me point out that I didn't set out to eradicate him----I was delivering non-lethal blows of discouragement---he just didn't get it! I was on the deck, the feeder attached to the railing. I would knock him off and the dummy would climb right back up---hissing at me---and I hissed back

At least in the case of bears and squirrels, if I go out, they run like crazy----but for the most part, I great the squirrels from the back door of the garage
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The main problem I have with those Critters is getting into the dog's food after they are put in the kennel at night. I generally just go out there with a big broom and shove them away. I have caught a few of them in have a heart traps and relocated them to my farm. Unfortunately for some of the pesky ones I have resolved the problem with a 22 caliber. My main problem with birdseed is raccoons.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I have resolved the problem with a 22 caliber.
    That relocation is permanent......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Ok, this is kinda mean, but...

My father had a problem with raccoons and a bird feeder where I live now. He was too lazy to shoot them because then you had to do something with the carcass, etc.

So he rigged a system that electrified the post the raccoons were climbing. He would wait for the to get partway up the pole, then flick a switch in the house to zap them. No carcass, and the never came back. Nasty smell of burned fur, though