Thread: A Cancer Worse Than Watergate

A Cancer Worse Than Watergate

I don't know of the author, but I fully agree with most of what he has to say about our current political crisis.

ARTICLE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I read that this morning. I was with him until the very last, when he implied that an overthrow of the government may be in the offing by bringing up 1776. I thought that was an exaggeration.

If anything, I think we are approaching 1968.

I could not fault his analysis, though. Just the conclusion, and that only in degree.

I do not advocate an overthrow of the government and would not participate in any attempt to overthrow the government. However, I believe that there are many who have reached that conclusion and are actively seeking that end. These are perilous times that our politicians have fostered and they need to pull in their horns before disaster comes upon us.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I do not advocate an overthrow of the government and would not participate in any attempt to overthrow the government.
    An excellent stance, Mike. I wish all Americans shared it.

We've reached a point where extremists appear to be setting the pace. And, they are preying upon those angry enough to do stupid things.

The attacks upon Law Enforcement have caused me to look back on my own actions. Though I recall several times I was unprofessional, I never harmed a person with my actions. Frankly, I cannot understand why a cop would hurt others, or why someone would want to hurt a cop. It's probably best I left when I did.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead