Thread: Inside QAnon

Inside QAnon

It is a sad reality that the human mind can become totally unhinged---and when those people begin to support each other in their sickness it becomes magnified.

This piece will give you some insights into this pool of self inflicted souls. The article I just read was in the WSJ but unfortunately that is closed.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

HBO has a documentary series on Q that I'm following. It is sad and scary at the same time.

Sad because there are so many people trying to make some sense of things they don't understand, and to feel as if they matter.

Scary because there are so many people out there who look and act normal but have squirrels running around in the heads.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    HBO has a documentary series on Q that I'm following. It is sad and scary at the same time.

Sad because there are so many people trying to make some sense of things they don't understand, and to feel as if they matter.

Scary because there are so many people out there who look and act normal but have squirrels running around in the heads.
    What is the name of the series?

And I have two buddies, one in Mensa and the other was Uber successful in the business world who both now have the squirrels in their heads.. when asked a “what then” question, they are stumped..

What Then question.. A group in Michigan storms the capital, they kidnap the governor and have her on a boat in the Great Lakes and are occupying the capital building, planning to take over state operations.. WHAT THEN? Since every LEO in the world will be looking for them and the National Guard from every state in a 500 mile radius is on their way, WHAT THEN?

They don’t have an answer.. will spout something akin to unicorns farting rainbows, IE: the general populace wil rejoice and flood the streets with pitchforks and torches in exuberant support..

...... akin to unicorns farting rainbows
    I've never had the pleasure of seeing that but that right there is funny
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The series is called Q: Into The Storm

The first episode was really good, with a look into the structure, such as it is, of the movement. Lots of emphasis on the wacky ways they find confirmation for their ideas. A wild one was how in a picture of Trump and a group of his officials all giving a thumbs up, if you trace the tips of the thumbs in a certain way, it forms a Q. This is the sort of confirmation they find for themselves.

A chilling one was this young Q couple who brought their three year old to a Trump rally and were bragging about how the child was chanting "build that wall" along with everyone.

Some people so convinced that child rape, murder, and ingestion is going on that they spend their days just immersed in this movement.

It looked to me as if there were a lot of people, looking for something to be part of, that they could feel important doing, and which helped them feel less powerless in a world that pretty much isolates everyone as our families and institutions break down.

One thing I took away - it is entirely possible that people close to Trump were using this movement as part of their base. Trump himself would have despised these people as losers and suckers but he could smell a possibility for a grift a mile away and these people were made to order.

The second episode is dragging a bit as they get into the biographies of some of the people involved.

The HBO series is interesting. It is kind of scary to see how one or two people figured out how to play mind games with a subdemographic of sad sacks and upend a whole lot of lives, causing death and mayhem as people acted on their delusions.

It is a commentary on the people we've become, interacting with social media which feeds on us. And the malignant people out there, sociopaths who just want attention and to see people dancing to their tune.