Thread: DO I hear WAR DRUMS on the horizon ?.

DO I hear WAR DRUMS on the horizon ?.

Been thinking , always a bad idea for me but . We have a new and IMO somewhat deficient administration in the U.S. Appeasement rather than confrontation and a bit on the reduce the military side.
    Now , looking at the world I see a dialog between China and Russia in the news . I see aggression by China towards Taiwan and a build up of forces by Russia along the boarder with the Ukraine once again .
    We , the U.S. are heavily invested in the Middle East at this time with our forces tired and understrength . Question , could we possible live up to our requirement to support the Ukraine and Taiwan if both China and Russia were to begin hostilities at the same time ?.
    I believe Biden is perceived as weak and easy to manipulate by the leadership of both of those Country's . I also believe that they are more than willing to test Biden to see if he will actually confront them if they do make a move.
    The unfortunate fact is , I believe they are ready and willing to make that test and we are in for a very hard time.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

There isn't anything in Taiwan worth dying over. The only thing in Ukraine that means anything to me is my family and while I would appreciate the US military keeping them safe, that's kind of a big ask.

Make par not war.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

As I look at the news feeds this morning , I see that some of them are following my lead on the looming crisis in both areas . perhaps i should be working for a Major news organization .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Nothing in either place worth the lives of American military men and women.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mike , while I agree with you 100% , at what point do we say , as a Nation , our word is useless ? . And , if we do say that , what is to keep either Country from just continuing its aggression and moving on to the next neighbor in line .

At what point do "we the people " say enough is enough ? . We have been fighting a loosing war in the M E for 20 years . I think it is high time we , the idiots in power , said ENOUGH . Put another despot in charge and let them enslave or kill their own people. Make one move against the U.S. and we will destroy your Country totally. We can no longer pretend to be , or afford to be , the policemen of the world.

It's time to turn the military lose in our country and fix our problems instead of focusing on foreign countries for a while...... There, I said it.

Secure the borders and the capitals in every state....

Bomb Oregon

IV said:

Make one move against the U.S. and we will destroy your Country totally. We can no longer pretend to be , or afford to be , the policemen of the world.
    Isn't that statement contradictory?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    IV said:

Isn't that statement contradictory?
    No, it is self-defense not world-defense.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

What I'm hearing is something that used to be called the Domino Effect - wherein we have to stop every instance of Communism because there's always another country falling to it. Frankly, I think that concept went down along with Trickle-Down Economics of the 70's.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

If in the late thirties we'd have adopted the same principles as we did in Vietnam and Korea WWII would have never happened IMO. Germany wasn't ready for war but allowing Hitler to exterminate people and just walk into more than one country and own it, we didn't want to get involved. Vietnam and Korea basically worked, the middle east hasn't. Going to war with Russia or China....Kennedy is dead and there isn't a leader left in Washington, either "war" again in my opinion turns nuclear and we can't fight on two fronts even if they don't. Where do we draw the line what do we stand for or put our foot down on. What do we do about a leader
    hell of a question eh?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    It's time to turn the military lose in our country and fix our problems instead of focusing on foreign countries for a while...... There, I said it.

Secure the borders and the capitals in every state....

Bomb Oregon
    Ouch baby, that cost you a couple of votes.

If I still vote for you, can I get the t-shirt concession for “Relax, you’re on the fun side of the wall”?

We are going to do super fantastically beautiful things.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.