Thread: We can all agree that COVID is bad

We can all agree that COVID is bad

.....but not everything that has been changed as a result of COVID has had a detrimental effect. One of the most positive outcomes has been the ability to access, through the internet, multiple experiences and happenings that would either be impossible or simply passed up even when possible.

A perfect example was yesterday, a day where I was at home in my office. I had two zoom meetings during the day with my colleagues in NY, the last of which ended (after two hours) at 5 PM. At six, I began a Township meeting which I left early at 7 (there remained a quorum after I left or I would not have been able to do that) and I "flew" off to Boston with my wife to join in the Holy Thursday Mass at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. This morning we participated in praying the Stations of the Cross and this afternoon at 3 we will "attend" the Liturgy of the Lord's Passion---the most solemn service of the entire year (my opinion).

There are only two days in every year that Mass is not celebrated, today and tomorrow. There is an Easter Vigil Mass tomorrow evening but it is considered a Sunday Mass since it is past sundown.

I have continued my now embedded habit of attending daily Mass after returning to the NY office. Since all of these services are offered via recordings I can "attend" daily Mass even in the evenings when I am in the city, which is now my new norm.

The internet has allowed me the freedom to take part in all of these services without the logistical hassle I would face if trying to physically be present at a geographical site.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My Mother is now senile and struggling - we had to put her in a residential unit. She actually seems to like it, after hating it for about a month.

What's made it work for her (and us) is the ability to have her meet with doctors online through Zoom. As far as I can tell, the expenditures for Zoom are charged to the companies involved - not the consumers. We usually set a meeting about 2 to 3 weeks in advance. And, the company rep sends out links to it. It's surprisingly easy and efficient to use. I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead