Thread: Bipartisanship Redux

Bipartisanship Redux

It looks as if the gazillion dollar infrastructure bill is going to go through the same reconciliation process as the COVID bill.

Republicans are saying that this is not bipartisanship. That might depend on what one means by the term. For the party not in power, it means having the ability to stop the party in power from doing anything without their consent.

That's what the filibuster is all about and why many are reluctant to see it go.

I have a different take. I think bipartisanship means being listened to and being able to get some of your ideas incorporated into the final bill. Being allowed to make the bill more palatable. It doesn't mean losing an election but being treated as an equal partner. And it doesn't mean stopping the winners from doing anything while waiting for the next election.

Republicans showed they have zero problem with power politics. They didn't care if they looked bad or were called hypocrites. They advanced their agenda when they had the ball. Crying now about the Dems using the same tactics is childish.

In a choice between looking good and advancing their agenda, Dems have made the same conclusion - power is to be used.

While we worry about whether the R’s or D’s are winning, Americans are being bamboozled. We are being distracted from what the fight is really about- whether our tax dollars are spent wisely. They aren’t.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

It's not really an infrastructure bill just like the covid-19 relief bill was not really a covid-19 relief bill. Follow the money.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    IFollow the money.
    I like it and agree. Track the money, and what it does - American Politics.

Mitch don't like it when Democrats mirror his power moves.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead