Thread: Give it a rest already

Give it a rest already

The Supreme Court on Monday left in place a lower court order that blocked the conservative group Judicial Watch from deposing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton about her use of a private email account in a lawsuit related to the 2012 attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

A federal appeals court ruled last August that Clinton cannot be compelled to appear for a deposition in a lawsuit about State Department emails, a ruling that came after a federal judge said earlier in 2020 that the former secretary must appear for a deposition in the case.

The court's denial on Monday was unsigned.

Judicial Watch had asked to depose Clinton, top aide Cheryl Mills and other former State Department employees in a case seeking public access to the emails from the State Department.
    Clinton's emails were already investigated by Congress, the State Department inspector general and the FBI, and she previously gave written answers in another lawsuit, the appeals court noted last year.
    Source

Good grief, Benghazi? Again? How many times are Republican attack dogs going to go to that well? Congressional hearings, inspectors general, the FBI, now private citizens. About the only people left out are in other solar systems, and their standing is suspect anyways.

I don't see where Judicial Watch could find standing.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Every time I'm sure that Hillary Clinton is gone from the scene - she magically re-appears. She must bring out something in her enemies I'm missing.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead