Thread: Wrong messenger

Wrong messenger

Lindsay Graham complained about Biden using the "race card", with respect to the filibuster.

After four years of Trump, who played on racial fears to get elected and continued daily stoking of race resentments, any Trump Republican is the wrong messenger. Doesn't make him wrong, but it does make him someone complicit in racial identity politics for many years. He's not the guy to deliver this message. Better get Mitt.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...on-law-changes

Many years ago---when I had a much higher opinion of Graham, Mike made a statement here that left no doubt that he had a far lower opinion of Graham than me.

Looking back, Mike's far more accurate insight still leaves me with a mighty humble feeling
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Just because he was the one who said it doesn’t make it wrong.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Yep, I mentioned that. It does mean no one is going to listen, I bet.