Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Four hundred thousand

And while you fiddle:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	37964  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nationwide numbers are being driven by other states apparently, as we are reducing restrictions here. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant.

We do appear to have done a pretty good job of managing things here. This week everyone here is eligible to receive their vaccination. My 20 yo college boy (athlete-no high risk factors) gets his tomorrow. Meanwhile my mid 60’s swamp creature cousin in Virginia is still waiting. What exactly was done differently I’m not sure.

Back to the numbers, I want to be clear that I agree COVID has caused additional death and suffering. I also think the world is round. In fact, I consider myself the ultra-normal.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I got my second shot yesterday...I guess I'm all set......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep. My Mom called me last week when she got her second shot. She said it was as if a tremendous weight had been lifted from her. I told her it was knowing that she was going to live through this horrible time. She is a survivor. Lots were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Had he been previously diagnosed or was this found after his death...
    An excellent question. It was discovered as part of an autopsy.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My wife and I did the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine. My wife was fine, I felt cruddy for two days. But, we're done with it. I just want our country to move on socially and economically.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I get my first shot tomorrow, maybe it will be the Johnson & Johnson and I'll be done with it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

I talked to an old friend and colleague in Italy (Tuscany) last night---just to check in on him and convey my best Easter wishes to him and his family. He had recently mentioned, via email, that they were again under assault from COVID and under lockdown. I didn't realize the severity of that measure. They have to have a "permit" to go out to even buy groceries.

Makes mask wearing seem to be a minor inconvenience.

Today's statistics:

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	37966  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

FYI:

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	37967  

I haven't posted the daily indicators of new infections over the holiday, but that does not mean that no news is good news:

However, not all is bad news, deaths continue to drop

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	37988  

May we continue to win on this one.

Hunter

As of today it looks like that at nearly half of the new cases are in 5 States. I'm hoping that the officials will concentrate on these States and try to help them with their numbers.
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/nearl...a-pennsylvania

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/healt...day/index.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Wife and I just got the second shot today. Another couple of weeks for that to kick in and we'll be feeling a lot better about it.

In fact today we stopped in at IHOP for breakfast. Patty mention that was the first sit down meal out in about a year.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Got my second shot Monday. Felt like crap and very achy all day yesterday. Fine today. The second shot packed a wallop for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The second shot packed a wallop for me.
    I've heard the same from others...Sometimes it lasts for days...It didn't affect me at all......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...