Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filled with shame

This is not directed at any individual here. It is directed at all the whiney Americans who would rather bitch about the problems in a state other than their own than to fix the problems in their own states.

I don't know why so many people who do not live in a state think they know what's best for that state. Isn't the main reason we have states is because of differences in people and regions?

People have the option to live in whatever state they feel most closely meets their needs and beliefs. Don't like the rules? Change them, live with them or move. Don't give me the "they can't afford to move" line. Go to the Texas border and get educated on what people will do to better themselves, regardless of how poor they might be.

If this Georgia law is unconstitutional, and I believe it is, the courts will deal with it. If not, it will stand until the citizens of Georgia change it. Either way, the rest of us should be spending our time and efforts fixing our own problems and keeping our noses out of Georgia's business.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

By that standard, we would still have poll taxes, literacy tests, segregation, separate but equal, etc. In fact, we'd still have slavery, since by that reasoning, no one had any business messing in the affairs of another state. We would have a Confederate States of America, since no one would have had any business tell South Carolina et al that they could not leave the union.

By that standard, women would not be allowed to vote if the residents of that state decided to only grant suffrage to white male landowners. In fact, none of the Amendments to the Constitution would be applicable. There goes the 2A, freedom of religion, search and seizure, self-incrimination, etc. What you are talking about is a state's rights argument and that went out with Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrats. The entire concept of the supremacy of the Constitution and federal law disappears.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. - Martin Luther King.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. - Martin Luther King.
    It's good having you back Kevin. You muddle up all those things that I think are written stone
    This is your mind on drugs!