Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One ship can bring a halt to trade

Well the stern is free. It moved 100 meters or so from the reports. Bow is still wedged in. Maybe today's high tide can get it moving some.

If not they think Wed's higher tide may do the trick. Other plans are to remove containers from the bow.

Interesting problem. Still a massive back log of ships awaiting to go through.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Everything I saw said it’s free.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Everything I saw said it’s free.
    Looks that way......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Did they ever determine how it happened and if it was intentional???

Oh my---another conspiracy opportunity

There will be an inquiry and anything at this point would be only supposition. There was (I believe) a canal pilot on the bridge at the time. That does not relieve the Captain of ultimate responsibility. The helmsman is third in line. If there was a mechanical problem that could change everything.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I agree. A critical transportation link probably wouldn’t be worth considering as a target.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it incredible Canal staff/boats were not able to solve this issue sooner. It's apparent they were not prepared.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it incredible Canal staff/boats were not able to solve this issue sooner. It's apparent they were not prepared.

Hunter
    But it does look like they're prepared to blame somebody else...
    The Suez Canal Authority has forbidden the massive cargo ship Ever Given from leaving the canal until investigators complete an inquiry into how the ship blocked the international shipping route for nearly a week.
    As the lawyers once more smell a profit in human misery, the worldwide consumers can expect to cough up at least another billion or so......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

...and now...for the rest of the story:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	37969  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis