Thread: Any advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a bunch of the Arlo Pro II cameras. The resolution sucks and zooming in, of course, is worse. Battery life sucks. I tried several solar panels and found the Wasserstein to work well. Some other brands do not work at all even though they claim the proper connections and voltage.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have a sticker on one of the windows---says: "Protected by Miley Detective Agency"----they have been out of business for at least 20 years
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My cameras are by Netatmo. This is the garage cam view from a screenshot on my cellphone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210324-155245.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	37955
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

T guy that's a nice clear picture. Mike the ones I got are Arlo Pro 3 they're supposed to have 2K resolution which I hope will give me good resolution even when zooming. If they don't then I'll be pissed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Well one of my sons came over today and we set up the camera system and I have to say I'm very impressed. We were able to identify people in the video as well as tag numbers and the resolution was very good. It was fairly simple and the range extenders that I installed gave each camera a very strong signal.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

OK, so how far is the camera from the range extender, and how far is the range extender from the modem? What is the power source for the camera?

I've been following this because I'm thinking of doing the same thing for an outbuilding.

Thanks for asking. The cameras are varying distances from the range extenders but I would say no more than 100 to 150 ft. The cameras indicated a strong signal. The cameras are powered by battery which is recharged by solar panel which I installed next to the camera.
    Last edited by Honda; 04-02-2021 at 07:58 PM.