Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any advice

T guy that's a nice clear picture. Mike the ones I got are Arlo Pro 3 they're supposed to have 2K resolution which I hope will give me good resolution even when zooming. If they don't then I'll be pissed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Well one of my sons came over today and we set up the camera system and I have to say I'm very impressed. We were able to identify people in the video as well as tag numbers and the resolution was very good. It was fairly simple and the range extenders that I installed gave each camera a very strong signal.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

OK, so how far is the camera from the range extender, and how far is the range extender from the modem? What is the power source for the camera?

I've been following this because I'm thinking of doing the same thing for an outbuilding.

Thanks for asking. The cameras are varying distances from the range extenders but I would say no more than 100 to 150 ft. The cameras indicated a strong signal. The cameras are powered by battery which is recharged by solar panel which I installed next to the camera.
    Last edited by Honda; 04-02-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    The cameras are powered by battery which is recharged by solar panel which I installed next to the camera.
    How long do the batteries last without a charge?...I'm thinking of multiple cloudy or otherwise dark days......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

They say 3 to 6 months depending on how many times it's used.