Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice

Any advice

I am about to install wireless security cameras. Does anybody have any tips or tricks I might need to know as I consider location and any pitfalls I might find that have already been covered by someone who has done this.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No ideas myself - just wanted to note I'd appreciate the responses too. Looking forward to it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Sam's Club had an awesome deal on a bundle of 3 Arlo 2K cameras with a hub, mounting hardware and a solar panel for $399 which was $200 below anybody else. I couldn't pass up on that deal.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Mount one to catch a facial view of anyone at your door. Mount another to catch lic plates of potential get away vehicles the third either at the back door or at the garage. My camera has an integrated LED motion sensitive flood light that lights up the front yard for nice 1080P Mug shots of potential Perps
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

These are also motion activated. I had sort of the same ideas as you. About how far have you placed your cameras from the target Zone to be able to read a tag or identify a face. I really appreciate you giving your input on this.

one just above the front door. I have the side one at the corner of the garage door. It picks up my fence line to my front door and everything on the street very clearly.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Thanks for the input. My son who is the computer so-called expert of the family is going to come over and help me try to set it up.

We have an older system with dual wire cameras. One for power, the other for imagery. The system includes a dedicated recording unit that preserves the past 30 days of images. Night imagery as well, no problem. My parents put it in quite some time ago but it had fallen into disuse. I resuscitated the system and was quite proud of my work.

So proud that I was showing off my handiwork to my in-laws, showing them the recorded imagery from the deck camera and there it was. Just a lovely picture of me, 11 PM, peeing off my deck.

Good angle, caught everything, if you catch my drift. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We have an older system with dual wire cameras. One for power, the other for imagery. The system includes a dedicated recording unit that preserves the past 30 days of images. Night imagery as well, no problem. My parents put it in quite some time ago but it had fallen into disuse. I resuscitated the system and was quite proud of my work.

So proud that I was showing off my handiwork to my in-laws, showing them the recorded imagery from the deck camera and there it was. Just a lovely picture of me, 11 PM, peeing off my deck.

I made myself a promise a long time ago I would never live anywhere that I couldn't pee off the porch.

...peeing off my deck.
    Best thing I've seen online all day. You Rule.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I love it !
    This is your mind on drugs!

Ahhh... this topic now reminds me of dealing with state Wardens at two sites.

The Warden of the Gunnison Prison would commute up to the Draper Site 4 days a week. Doing so stressed him out and he drank heavily to deal with it. So, we all go to a party of administrators and he gets falling-down drunk. But, before he passed out, he went to an upper balcony and peed off of it. Doing that in front of other staff resulted in him being forcibly retired. Sadly, he was a good Warden - he just did the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Hunter

I have a bunch of the Arlo Pro II cameras. The resolution sucks and zooming in, of course, is worse. Battery life sucks. I tried several solar panels and found the Wasserstein to work well. Some other brands do not work at all even though they claim the proper connections and voltage.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have a sticker on one of the windows---says: "Protected by Miley Detective Agency"----they have been out of business for at least 20 years
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My cameras are by Netatmo. This is the garage cam view from a screenshot on my cellphone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210324-155245.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	37955